Mathew Lambkin Smith - Updated May 2021

After all the publicity these 2 people & their awful Company have received over the past year or so I am astonished that anybody failed to note their swindling ways & actually did business with them! They were highlighted months ago in Traction! 

Speechless from Gloucestershire.

Hey Monty, I think that you have the Wrong end of the proverbial Stick and it's a Dirty Stick  !!

They have been in business since 2014 , and people's  cars were and are still impounded by them, ever demanding for more money etc.

They went Into  Liquidation as we were taking them to court , sandmtriumph that is.

So we're still high and dry, we have persevered to where we are now. So we were  all  already in the web, and still trying to get out of it, so we are NOT new Customers . 

There are many People new to the Triumph and Classic Car World,  who will never have seen the bad press,  and unfortunately are being duped as we speak.

So as for you being Speechless,  Put yourself in our Positions and the position of New Victims of Sandm classics,  as they are now called ,  see how you might feel  !!!!!!!!

This has been a very difficult time to alot of Triumph Owners and it's not over yet.

By the way, this post was started by a member dissatisfied with his treatment by Matthew Lambkin Smith  on EBay,  our member probably didn't know it was him, or if he did, might not of even heard of him.

Have  nice Evening,  

Conrad Hunt.  Victim of Sandm Triumph Restoration Ltd....

I see that the S and M Classics website is still live and kicking - but if they went into liquidation how come their website is still live? No mention on it that they have ceased trading - bizarre. Oh I see same people just changed the company name no longer Triumph at the end of the name though obviously by all the photos and parts for sale its a Triumph supplier. 

Michael

Edited by michaeldavis39
Error in company name my bad

Hi Michael,  

Sandm Triumph Restoration Ltd  went into Liquidation,  they had already set up 4 other companies , one of which is Sandm classics,  so they could seamlessly move Into another Ltd company as Directors,  apparantly this is perfectly legal   ,  

Sarah Lambkin Smith, has since resigned as a Director in October 2019. From sandm classics Ltd. 

They are being Investigated by the Liquidators,  I really hope they find out what really happened.

Cheers Conrad. 

14 hours ago, michaeldavis39 said:

I see that the S and M Classics website is still live and kicking - but if they went into liquidation how come their website is still live? No mention on it that they have ceased trading - bizarre. Oh I see same people just changed the company name no longer Triumph at the end of the name though obviously by all the photos and parts for sale its a Triumph supplier. 

Michael

Sadly, unless / until disqualified as directors, there is always the risk of them running phoenix companies.

Miles

Even if they are barred from being Directors there is nothing to stop them running a company and having "puppet" directors such as there parents. 

Hi Graham , yes you are right and sadly its true, 

Very strange to be happening in the Classic Car World,  those that have defrauded people before  were found out and didn't start up again.

Some have gone to prison !

It's usually happening in the Double Glazing world and such like  !

In this case it was so obvious after a period of time what was going to Happen, it was just a matter of when. It was reported to all Authorities but because the law is such, there was nothing that could be done....meanwhile Classic Car Owners are realed in and relieved of their car and their money, the car is then held as a Ransom....the law must be changed !!!

Cheers Conrad. 

It is unfortunate that 'Phoenixing' is practiced widely in all areas of business. The FSB (Federation of Small and medium Businesses) have tried to get Companies House to prevent this, but they say it is a civil matter, and they are powerless to stop it unless criminal legal proceedings are brought against the perpetrators (apparently for each registered company). It is a serious flaw in the way we register companies in the UK. (It is very easy to register a business). In other countries the rules are far more stringent. I am not arguing to make it more stringent in the UK, but I think someone disqualified as a director should automatically have all directorships rescinded until these are investigated. As someone who has run multiple companies, and had multiple concurrent directorships, I would support this action.

TT

Every aspect of the commercial law and business practice in the UK is weak, useless and unenforceable as far as ordinary people are concerned.

Unless you have run a small business you probably won't know this. After a while you get a 6th sense.

We get by only because the vast majority in the UK are honest.  So dishonest people find ii very easy.  This is why UK has become the home of fraud.

Hi Everyone,

I have the greatest sympathy with any TR owner, indeed any honest person who has been cheated by any shady dealings, but

this matter has been well discussed here, and information can be found with a quick search.

It is the case that content of posts is becoming, understandably heated without anything new being added, so I think its time to close this thread.

John.

Hi all, just for information,

A register member informs us that , Mathew Lambkin Smith is now at;-

SC UK Autos Ltd. unit 2G, Castings Way, off leaf Bridge Road, North Hykham,

Lincoln, LN69AT.

John.

• John Morrison changed the title to Mathew Lambkin Smith - Updated May 2021
12 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Hi all, just for information,

A register member informs us that , Mathew Lambkin Smith is now at;-

SC UK Autos Ltd. unit 2G, Castings Way, off leaf Bridge Road, North Hykham,

Lincoln, LN69AT.

John.

Thanks John, on behalf of all us formumites (highly unlikely I would have headed across to Lincoln) again showing the benefits of this forum 

3 hours ago, brian -r said:

He's hiding this time, Companies House shows one director - Susan Coleshill

Thats the new Mrs.

Stuart.

Interesting Stuff,  obviously I won't be using SC UK Autos Ltd.   For anything at all  !!!

Conrad.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Perhaps we should make a list of companies he is involved in and pin it.

For legal reasons we should be careful about implying that any given company is untrustworthy, but a list of companies with a red BANKRUPT beside those that have gone under and NOT LISTED AS A DIRECTOR by those that are still operational or phoenix creations so that all can see before sending their money in the wrong direction?

• 8 months later...

Somehow he had still been allowed to be a Company Director,  after all the mayhem caused.

I think he still has other companies that haven't been dissolved,  

Thankyou for the information Francois. 

Conradl

I am always amazed that in this Country directors can cheat & defraud people many times & are still allowed to go on & start up again under a different name only to repeat their cheating ways. I remember a situation a few years ago of a Company who supplied us with patio doors that turned out to be faulty. After several complaints from us & others he closed the business & went off with a new business name & run from the same premises selling the same doors & windows! Could not sue him or get the money back as he filed for bankruptcy!