Mathew Lambkin Smith - Updated May 2021

Bought some parts from this individual, paid by paypal, part was a pedal box for a TR4 he sent me one from a TR6, I returned it on the promise that he would send me one for a TR4 from his several container loads of spares.

That was weeks ago, he did send me a mail saying he had forgotten about it and would send it to me next day, again weeks ago. Since then (more weeks ago) no replies to my mails to him.

I have been had, a hundred out of pocket, just passing on a personal experience.

1 hour ago, Redtom said:

Bought some parts from this individual, paid by paypal, part was a pedal box for a TR4 he sent me one from a TR6, I returned it on the promise that he would send me one for a TR4 from his several container loads of spares.

That was weeks ago, he did send me a mail saying he had forgotten about it and would send it to me next day, again weeks ago. Since then (more weeks ago) no replies to my mails to him.

I have been had, a hundred out of pocket, just passing on a personal experience.

Hi - in case it helps, I’m planning to have done some rhd pedal sets for tr4/4As in time for Stoneleigh - they will have been fully stripped down with new bushes and pedal shafts as necessary, powder coated and re-assembled with new pedal rubbers.

eventual cost not yet finalised but likely to be a bit more than £100  - let me know if of interest 

cheers Rich

Edited by rcreweread
Clrification

Redtom - I suggest you bring this to the attention of the club's Chairman, Treasurer and Press Officer (Wayne).  They won't be able to secure you a refund, but perhaps other members can be forewarned.

Ian Cornish

The Saga goes on  !! 

The Nine Containers that he has behind his house are no doubt full of ill gained goods, and are now being sold on EBay under at least two separate names.

Maybe there is no Law against that, but you have to ask how many containers does a small business need, and no doubt without planning Consent  !

EBay will sort it out for you, you just have to report the fact .

He still continues to dupe customers , as one recent customer has found out , to his massive cost financially and emotionally  !!

The Liquidator continues to investigate the malpractice of the Directors of sandm triumphs,  strangely one of them has resigned from the new company named sandm classics  !  

Watch this space I say...

Best of Luck Redtom.

Conrad.

On 1/18/2020 at 3:38 PM, RogerH said:

The sad thing about this person was that after hurting so many good TRR members he was allowed to walk away from the club unscathed.

Whereas another member was hung, drawn and quartered in public by the committee without any charges being made for the membership to see what was going on.

###

Roger

Roger, again, you have made the crucially good point.

Now, and by further copy to all, what can we effectively do about it? - If we just wait for A. Westbury and chums to read this and ACT on members (and all decent TR drivers) behalf, I’m afraid we will be waiting for ever.....

Do we have a mechanism to ‘encourage’ (I’m lost for the right word here) the BOD to start acting as correctly fitting and carrying out the role they are in place to do?

On a final note, by copy to BOD, if I’ve got hold of the wrong end of the stick; still appreciate to know what, where and how?

may be the liquidator would like to know that he has these assets in containers. May be the missing parts from all those hurt by this ########## [ please add your own words here ]

ROY

Oh the old "Nothing to see here officer- meanwhile everything has been hidden in a lock up/container somewhere else." Ive seen it/heard it all before but they dont all get away with it- Triumph Stag owners club had a gent do that and he ended up in court - Police did a great investigation job on him- taking money to do work that was never done, stripping cars down and putting parts into shipping containers which were damp so most parts became absolutely useless. How these dealers think they can get away wth it is what i dont understand and why they do it- only thing i can think of is they have a sociopath personality disorder- as i get older and wiser im starting to see more of these types they have no compassion, no regret, no feelings at all for their victims or remorse at all- but they smile when your giving them your hard earnt cash dont they and its never their fault when things go wrong- sadly a sociopath doesnt even know that they are a sociopath because to them they are normal its everyone else who isnt.

Michael

Michael , never a truer word said, the Word is Sociapath and never has it described anyone so competently, as Mathew Lambkin Smith. 

He is a perfect example,  and still getting away with it.

We are very susceptible to these People , and I am sure most of you will understand the meaning of the word,  But Look it up if in doubt and it will describe to you the type of Person that has made you life a misery , in one way or another.

We have all come across them from time to time.

Hats off to you Michael.

Cheers Conrad. 

having been away from the register for some time now, its with some regret, for I would have learnt about the bloke and not parted with my hard earned.

Apologies for stirring up a problem that has seen the light of day previously, I wasn't aware of it.

TR bits are sorting my pedal box problem, but thank you for the heads up.

The red tomato is looking for a younger owner, It could be you.

P1070693.JPG

There is categorically and absolutely no link , partnership, friendship or association either implied or otherwise between the TR Register Car Club, (its members, staff or volunteers) and the restoration company formally trading as S&M Triumph. Posts incorrectly suggesting this, have been removed from this thread as they have no basis in fact.

Sadly, some members have reported to the club that they have suffered substantial losses and disputes at the hands of the S&M Triumph company and this has been well documented within the club membership via TR Action Magazine. The car club will do all that is in its power,  to ensure other members are informed of the reports shared within the club's membership of such issues. 

TR Action Magazine no longer accepts advertising from the individuals or companies associated with S&M Triumph nor are their Directors / Representatives allowed to be members of the TR Register Car Club. 

For some background, I refer readers to this story previously published:

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2018/11/0166/SM-Triumph-Restoration-Ltd-enters-liquidation

Happy Birthday Wayne (albeit belated)....

However, the issue here is BOD have ‘closed - and not sure bolted - the door way after the horse has bolted’ ..... Fact is from RedTom posting Members and enthusiasts are still being ripped-off..

On a final note, again, not impressed that BOD will not step up to engage and take ‘ownership’ here.

Kind regards 

Tony

On 1/18/2020 at 6:39 PM, Redtom said:

Contact the credit card company, they can do a charge back to recover the money.

3 hours ago, Tony_C said:

Happy Birthday Wayne (albeit belated)....

However, the issue here is BOD have ‘closed - and not sure bolted - the door way after the horse has bolted’ ..... Fact is from RedTom posting Members and enthusiasts are still being ripped-off..

On a final note, again, not impressed that BOD will not step up to engage and take ‘ownership’ here.

Kind regards 

Tony

Thank you Tony, I had a really nice weekend with friends.

All the material on this particular issue has been collated by the office and has been made available to the Police, Trading Standards and the legal representatives of anyone looking to take legal action. 

If there is something more you feel the club is able to do to help victims of issues like these, or if you feel you may be able to volunteer you services in some way - please send your suggestions to the Chairman, the contact details for whom you can find in the back of TR Action or via the contact page on the website.