June 19: 3-week/2,800 EuroTrip - pics

Some of you may recall that my wife (Bev) and I did a 3-week/2,800 Euro holiday in 'VUX' (our 1972 TR6) in June 19 which started by taking the overnight Friday ferry from Portsmouth-Santander and from there we visited Northern/SE Spain, the South of France, the Italian Riviera, up to Lake Como, then onto Lake Lucerne, Switzerland and mid-east France and home via Calais.  

Shortly after returning I was unfortunately taken a bit ill and hope to start a gradual return to work in February. So in the meantime (in-between fiddling with TRs and motorbikes until I eventually broke something) I've been spending time putting together a Flickr album of our trip, it's rather photo-heavy but I thought others may wish to plan something along similar lines; afterall, that's why we have our TRs right?

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, Andrew

PS - it you hover your mouse over each photo, there's a short narrative on each one, or click on individual photos. 

Triumph TR6 Tour: 7-26 June 2019 (3 weeks/2,800 miles)

Edited by Andrew Smith

Excellent Andrew, i’m thinking of a trip down to Denia this year ( probably by motorbike though !)

steve

Great record of your trip.

looks like a James Bond location shoot :D.

oh and I can confirm that Bev has a better taste in puddings :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Great record of your trip.

looks like a James Bond location shoot :D.

oh and I can confirm that Bev has a better taste in puddings :ph34r:

Some might say a 'George Clooney' location shoot, or was that Mickey Rooney......... :D

Yes Bev does - it's just a shame about her taste in men.......:huh:

2 minutes ago, Andrew Smith said:

Not sure about a topbox and panniers on a Ducati SP1 though Steve.

Cheers, Andrew

I’m thinking bmw f850gs Andrew..... or maybe the new Triumph Tiger 900

21 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

I’m thinking bmw f850gs Andrew..... or maybe the new Triumph Tiger 900

I used to have the first F800gs and toured Europe. Great bike. 
topbox and small tank bag is enough 

667A8C43-1896-4ADF-BD04-16674A768845.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
2 hours ago, Hamish said:

I used to have the first F800gs and toured Europe. Great bike. 
topbox and small tank bag is enough 

667A8C43-1896-4ADF-BD04-16674A768845.jpeg

Cool!

i’m having trouble with wind buffetting on these adventure bikes Hamish, how was yours?

steve

Steve sent  pm didn’t want to highjack thread any more. !

sorry Andrew

Edited by Hamish
14 hours ago, iain said:

Lovely record of what looks a terrific trip Andrew, thank you for sharing.

Iain

Thanks Iain, it was a fantastic trip and all being well we're already thinking about Spain and Portugal for next year, subject the DVLA giving me my licence back in July.

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

What a great trip you both had Andrew, I’m sure it inspires many of us to do a similar trip.

Hope you will have a good recovery. Take small steps with work, don’t overdo it.

All the best,

Waldi

31 minutes ago, Waldi said:

What a great trip you both had Andrew, I’m sure it inspires many of us to do a similar trip.

Hope you will have a good recovery. Take small steps with work, don’t overdo it.

All the best,

Waldi

Thanks Waldi,

If I was to never drive again, and I'm confident this won't be the outcome, then having done this trip would have been a good way to hang up my car keys.

Cheers, Andrew

1 minute ago, AndyR100 said:

Super set of photographs,  looks like you both had a very enjoyable adventure and a terrific route.

....... Andy 

We did Andy, thanks - I would recommend every TR owner puts a similar trip on their bucket list.

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew, a great set of photos. I see that village idiot followed you around. Seriously, it looked like a wonderful trip. We did a similar trip in 2016. They are unforgettable.

Mick

On 1/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, Mick Forey said:

Hi Andrew, a great set of photos. I see that village idiot followed you around. Seriously, it looked like a wonderful trip. We did a similar trip in 2016. They are unforgettable.

Mick

Hiya Mick, yeah and I still aven't shaken him off yet; he looks back at me every morning in the mirror.......

Thanks and yes, it was an absolutely fantastic trip and one that will live long in the memory bank.

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew

Just catching up with this, GREAT trip, nowhere is too far in a TR !

I did Pau in 2018 and the Monaco Historic before that, looks like you stitched it all together (Mental note: must try harder)

Meanwhile, good to hear about your return to work, take it steady and try not to break too much of the TR whilst in rehab ;)

Cheers