TR4A Door barrel part ( lever that connects to the connecting link )

Can anyone help? - I'm trying to find the small part that sits on the back of the door lock barrel ( its the bit that sits on or in the back of the barrel and connects with a circlip to the connecting link that goes to the latch mechanism ) ... Its the bit that the yellow arrow in the attached image points to ( not the bronze connecting link bit the bit that goes into the connecting link from behind ). The ones I've got are worn and that appears to occasionally be causing problems when turning the key?

InkedIMG_20200116_090652_LI.jpg

Edited by DomJ

Hi Dom,

as per Richards comments.

The lever never (usually) wears.

The lever attaches to a rather soft plunger. It is usually the ears on this plunger that 'round' off.

New ones are not available but there are old handles out there. 

However it is possible to remake these in brass.   

If Richard can not come up trumps (the easy route) I should be able to recreate a pair,

Roger

P1020629b.jpg

Thanks to you both - I will go back to my mechanic to look again to make sure of what we really need. I was also a bit surprised when I opened the door up originally to find all the twisted wires used in place of where I think there were once circlips. I did wonder if this was problematic at all, but perhaps I'm worrying over nothing? 

• 1 month later...