Screen Frame Mounting to Scuttle

1) Need to repair the scuttle corners where the screen frame passes through a hole on each side.  For a restoration on a TR6, should the hole be flat with the scuttle, or with a raised lip on the forward edge (like current rusty state)

2) I made a template off the screen frame before dismantling... it appears to be more angled than on my TR4A... is this correct for a 6?

Scuttle Hole Side.jpg

Scuttle Hole Top.jpg

It does have a slightly raised lip at the forward edge of the hole thats correct, What do you mean in reference to angles?

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 400.jpg

Thanks Stuart... your picture is a great help; I will repair to include a lip

Regarding "angles"; I should have been clearer and said the rake of the windscreen.  Angle between door top and frame edge is 60 degrees on my TR4A, but more raked at 55 degrees on the template I made before dismantling the TR6.  Window glass is packed away in boxes and the hood frame is not suitable as a reference.  Was there any change in door glass and windscreen rake between the 4A and 6 or should they be identical ? 

They would be similar but it changes from car to car, you would need to assemble the door glass and then alter the angle of the screen frame to suit it, there is a difference in the glass between 4 and 6 but thats more the top edge and the mounting at the base as the winder mechanisms changed.

Stuart.