Scissor Jack Adapter

Hi all 

This looks like an interesting bit of kit for us old farts who struggle to use a scissor jack - haven't seen one before and is a great idea !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality-Car-SUV-4X4-Scissor-Jack-Adapter-1-2-Drive-Impact-Wrench-Tool-Kit/164030674627?fits=Car+Make%3ATriumph|Model%3ATR+4&hash=item2630fd76c3:g:yaIAAOSwBsleHThK

cheers Rich

Hello Rich

I welded nuts on mine years! Ago so I could use a socket and rachet drive (end of problem)

Roger

Roger _ why didn't I think of that! An even cheaper option so long as you remember to keep an appropriate sized socket in the car! Thinking about it ( not my forte!!), if you weld an old wheel nut on it, you will always have a handy socket ( unless you have wire wheels )

cheers Rich

I've seen someone use an old socket, with a slot cut into it then drilled through for a bolt, so it interfaces with the scissor jack much the same as that ebay item, but is driven more directly from the impact wrench.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All

This how I did mine with a 19mm hex the same as the uprated wheel studs and nuts.

I made a wooden plate to fit on the top to spread the load plus could be used anywhere!

The turned down bolt head locates in the jack top

Roger

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG