Stoneleigh Triumph Spares Day - Sunday 9th Feb

Hi all 

Just a quick heads up that the Stoneleigh spares show is only 4 weeks away today. I, like quite a few other members, will be having a stand (Hall 3 stand 568B) to help reduce my mountain of spare parts, and to also pass on discounts I have been able to obtain for the benefit of other enthusiasts. 

In addition to my big ticket items like OD gearboxes, diffs , alloy fuel tanks,  dashboards, door cappings , radiator cowls ( see my earlier separate post), I will also have a useful stock of reconditioned OE parts such as brake and clutch master and slave cylinders, calipers, lever arms, trailing arms, card sets, manifolds, water pumps, Dave Davies AC fuel pumps, rechromed overiders and bumpers, to name just a few.

As I have a number of restorations of my own to complete, I have assembled a pretty comprehensive stock of most parts needed for TR4A restorations, including a lot of the small easily forgettable bits which I don't normally sell because of the low values etc but I am happy to take along bits and pieces if people order them beforehand. The sort of things I'm thinking of are all the body mounting ironmongery, rubber and steel pads, bolts and washers, wire wheel hub nuts, trailing arm studs, propshaft bolts, bump stops, full rear brake kits, handbrake and speedo cables, grommets, driveshaft gaiters, GKN UJs,etc etc - in fact, try me for any non obscure new part!! I can't list them all here.

I'm hoping to have at least one more dashboard trim set available by then to include recovered dash tops,  crash pads ( including  the RHD LH grab handle one), and H frame ( plus possibly switch plinths), a TR4 RHD white dash with cubby box lid and hinges and some RHD TR4/4A brake and clutch pedal sets.

If any of this may be of interest, please get in touch via a PM and I will get back to you with details.

I will also post this on the BST £250  forum

Cheers  Rich

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ntc said:

Word of advice if you buy anything ASK for a receipt or risk no comeback ask me how I know :angry:

Neil - not quite sure the point of your post - like in all life, there are good and bad eggs around and we are all, hopefully, well aware of the dubious antics of a certain individual  who has taken a lot of fellow members to the cleaners - I wonder If he gave a receipt and whether that protected the poor individuals concerned - I somehow think it didn't.

If I sell some of my surplus bits at Stoneleigh, I will happily give a receipt if someone asks, but I can tell you that my word, honesty and integrity is far more valuable that any bit of paper - I would have no hesitation in refunding all monies if someone is unhappy for whatever reason  - end of. If you had bought something from me without a receipt and weren't happy, you would still have got your money back if you asked.

There may very well be some people at Stoneleigh selling stuff who don't have the same principles, so your warning is timely, up to a point - we are dealing in the most part with fellow enthusiasts who I personally like to trust so I will give most people the benefit of the doubt in these situations and trust to my own judgement, but please don't tarnish all of us with the same brush - there are a lot of honest people out there.

Cheers Rich

17 hours ago, rcreweread said:

Neil - not quite sure the point of your post - like in all life, there are good and bad eggs around and we are all, hopefully, well aware of the dubious antics of a certain individual  who has taken a lot of fellow members to the cleaners - I wonder If he gave a receipt and whether that protected the poor individuals concerned - I somehow think it didn't.

If I sell some of my surplus bits at Stoneleigh, I will happily give a receipt if someone asks, but I can tell you that my word, honesty and integrity is far more valuable that any bit of paper - I would have no hesitation in refunding all monies if someone is unhappy for whatever reason  - end of. If you had bought something from me without a receipt and weren't happy, you would still have got your money back if you asked.

There may very well be some people at Stoneleigh selling stuff who don't have the same principles, so your warning is timely, up to a point - we are dealing in the most part with fellow enthusiasts who I personally like to trust so I will give most people the benefit of the doubt in these situations and trust to my own judgement, but please don't tarnish all of us with the same brush - there are a lot of honest people out there.

Cheers Rich

Very Eloquently put Richard,  I may just add that the effort that Richard and many other of the Autojumblers put in,is quite considerable,  there is obviously a monetary gain, that makes the work worthwhile, even if you break even but go home with less than you brought !!

But first and foremost , these parts are going back onto the cars that we love . Brilliant.   And meeting people and making friends is a an added bonus.

Have a good show Chaps, and  take John Morrison up , with a visit to the TR Stand, who have also worked hard to be there .

Cheers Conrad.