Radiator Cowls for TR3, 4, 4A, 250, 5 & 6

Hi everyone.

If anyone is thinking of changing their horrible cardboard  versions of the above ( or pretty much nothing if you are a TR5 owner), I have a small stock of stainless steel or alloy black powder coated versions for sale, They are available either plain or with laser cut logos of each model, look really good.and are very well made. 

Some library photos below to give you an example of some of the models.

To cover all the various permutations for all the above models, I would need to stock a lot of product, so my plan is to see if anyone is interested, and I would then order appropriate items and take along to Stoneleigh, if not available from my existing stock.

Alternatively, I can post at cost if necessary but that would probably have to be after Stoneleigh as I shall be collecting most of my stock there. 

Prices range from £40 for the more basic models to £60 for the more complicated versions  - PM me for full details and prices if interested

Cheers Rich

image.png.f972d4f120fc9e9134c55ee684b801e4.png

image.png.86b50feb6281efbd23543cfa2a18f731.png

TR4 Stainless Rad Cowl Resized.jpg

TR6 Stainless Rad Cowl - Resized.png

TR6 Stainless Rad Cowl.png

TR4 Logoed Rad Cowl.png

Edited by rcreweread
photos added

Andrew - fair point but the reason I posted here under Technical is that everyone can read the post, whereas in the under £250 BST section, only members can see it.

Maybe a good idea to put it in both.

Cheers

Rich

Tom - very nice job you made of yours, I don't make the ones I'm selling - they are professionally made to a very high standard.

As you can see from the attached photo, both items are very similar so great minds are obviously thinking alike!

image.png.7ad1525648d06bac5f1ffcd1c92e3610.png

Cheers Rich

I've had a good response to this so far so thanks to those who have responded - still plenty of time to add to my order to take to Stoneleigh if anybody else is looking for one

Cheers  Rich

Hi Rich, how much do you want for a  black powder coated cowling for a TR6 pi; without the logo?

Cheers,

Paul.

Tony  - I honestly don't  know as my experience with these cowls has been on all the other models, not the TR3 ones. These are relatively new and as such I haven't actually had one to study yet but knowing the manufacturer, they will be top quality and should fit well - they look to be in 3 pieces so I imagine they can be inserted in the apron and then assembled inside so hopefully the answer is "yes"

I will be collecting these at Stoneleigh on the Sunday morning so you are welcome to come and study one if you are going but I will ask the manufacturer in the meantime

cheers Rich

On 1/19/2020 at 3:31 PM, Fireman049 said:

Here's a photo. of a TR2/3 front apron. The totally enclosed air cowling makes sure that all the cooling air goes through the radiator and not over it.

Some 'small mouth' aprons had the top section removed which caused overheating.

Tom.

2017-05-28 12.58.54 - Copy.jpg

Thats an early TR2 version Tom, they cut holes in the top section to allow cooler air to the carbs, this did not lead to overheating, your confusing this with the problems encountered with early 3a wide mouth aprons before they fitted the air deflector.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
On 1/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, Tony_C said:

Rich, asking more in hope than expectation, can you fit without taking the apron off?

Tony- have spoken to the manufacturer and he's not sure - he developed this item with an owner a couple of years ago but had no direct involvement with the actual fitting itself.

He's forwarded the attached photos from which it appears the side wings fit over the lower part of the apron mouth, so presumably they have to be fitted after the apron is fitted - as for the first bit of the shroud itself around the radiator, I honestly don't know but I suspect if you can fit/take off the original cardboard one with the apron in place, I imagine you can do the same with this kit. 

Hope this helps

cheers

Rich

1826373132_IMG_2055(3).JPG.c91fec48cae1bdc055895537ec6d3932.JPG1973775222_IMG_2052(1).JPG.d3f8e4a68b1a2685dc89134f4a7cbe93.JPG

2 hours ago, rcreweread said:

Tony- have spoken to the manufacturer and he's not sure - he developed this item with an owner a couple of years ago but had no direct involvement with the actual fitting itself.

He's forwarded the attached photos from which it appears the side wings fit over the lower part of the apron mouth, so presumably they have to be fitted after the apron is fitted - as for the first bit of the shroud itself around the radiator, I honestly don't know but I suspect if you can fit/take off the original cardboard one with the apron in place, I imagine you can do the same with this kit. 

Hope this helps

cheers

Rich

1826373132_IMG_2055(3).JPG.c91fec48cae1bdc055895537ec6d3932.JPG1973775222_IMG_2052(1).JPG.d3f8e4a68b1a2685dc89134f4a7cbe93.JPG

You might have to be a bit careful with the paintwork to get it in, the cardboard original type is a bit of a struggle to fit properly so this maybe even more.

Stuart.

Great, thanks Rich... see you at Stoneleigh. Will your stall be easy to find?

Cheers,

Paul.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:28 PM, TR Paul said:

Hi Rich, how much do you want for a  black powder coated cowling for a TR6 pi; without the logo?

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul - they are £55 and if collected at Stoneleigh, then no postal costs, otherwise I will post at cost.

Cheers Rich

Great, thanks Rich... see you at Stoneleigh. Will your stall be easy to find?

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul - I will be on Stand 568B in the corner of Hall 3 next to Conrad's usual spot. I won't have a massive stock so would you like me to put one aside for you? 

Cheers Rich

22 hours ago, DOG_MORGAN said:

Hi rich what's the price for  a tr 6 nice shiny one whith 6 logo plus red pipeing collecting from stoneligh billy

Billy - they are £55 but but if you want one, I need to know whether your car is a PI or carbed - as for the red piping, I don't know where that request came from but maybe a visit to Woollies stand at the show might sort it!!

Cheers  Rich

Ok, Rich.... I know where that is. If you could put one 'under the counter' for me, that would be marvellous!  I would like a black 'non logo' air duct for a TR6 pi.

Cheers,

Paul.

On 16 January 2020 at 9:28 PM, TR Paul said:

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi rich my tr6 his red and pi 1970. From billy

3 hours ago, DOG_MORGAN said:

Hi rich my tr6 his red and pi 1970. From billy

Billy - do you want me to save you a Stainless Steel TR6 PI cowl with Logo for collection from my stand at Stoneleigh ? Price is £55 collected

Cheers Rich

1 hour ago, Michael Mckiernan said:

Hi Rich , can you put me down for a Stainless Steel TR6 PI cowl with Logo . See you at stoneleigh.

Cheers Mick .

Will do - all done - in on stand 568Bin Hall 3 next door to Conrad’s and Clems stands

see you there

cheers 

Rich

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.