Advice welcome - US TR4A project just arrived - engine seized

On 7/22/2020 at 5:02 AM, Mark Richardson said:

Thanks BigBogan - will get it checked over professionally - can you recommend anyone?

Mark

It's a long way to send a very heavy object...Sorry Mate, I'm locked down in the Antipodes..Where are you located? I can't see it from your Signature..

On 7/14/2020 at 10:09 PM, RogerH said:

That crack looks very odd indeed.   Cracks can go off at odd angles but those look extreme.

Also there appears to be no journal to web radius.

The usual crack on the TR 4 cylinder crank is at the #4 big-end journal to web radius and it runs is quite a straight line for the best part.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Yes, looks like a very enthusiastic amateur has had a go at it. Glad I decided to have it all checked rather than just push on with a rings and bearings makeover..

On 7/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, Mark Richardson said:

Thanks BigBogan - will get it checked over professionally - can you recommend anyone?

Mark

Roger will know if this is the best way to go.

Dye pentrant NDT kit

https://www.pneumaticsdirect.co.uk/categories/section-14-sprays-adhesives/ambersil-inspection-detection/flaw-detector-cleaner-penetrant-developer-ambersil/dye-penetrant-non-destructive-testing-system?ppc_keyword=

Cheers

Peter W