Minator (or similar) centre lock wheels: adverts, brochures, pictures needed

since some years I try to legalize Minator cl-wheels on my TR here in Germany. For that I need to prove that these kind of wheels where already in use in the time my car was build, means in the 1970s. So I look for adverts, brochures, pictures of that kind of wheels, optimally in combination with a TR6.

Who wants to browse in his archive?

Did you get the 205 tyres passed?

Regards

Bill 

Posted February 17, 2017

Hi there,

I am looking for some evidences that tyres with that size was in use on a TR6 within the building period of the TR6 (plus 10 years), means from 1968-1976/86. I want to use this size on my originally 5,5" rims (or an centre-lock Minilite) and the german TÜV (Mot) says ok, you can use the tyres, but show me that the 205/70 was a common option on a TR6 in these days. It is not enough that these tyres of this size were available (what they were, I guess standard on E-types), I need some historical picture, pricelists, reports, certificates or something like that.

Also very helpful would be the same for centre-lockwheels in Minilite-stlye. I have to proof that at TR6-driver could order/buy/drive them in the period between 1968 - 1976/86.

Who can help me with that?

Kind regards

Cas

Hi Cas, 

As far as i'm aware the TR6 was never offered by the factory with anything other than the standard steel wheel or the optional wire wheels.  Minilite centre lock wheels only became used on TR's much later as an accessory.  I  had them fitted to my race TR4  and I think they were one of the early sets to be fitted as such.   However,  I can recall seeing a red works TR5  shown  right at the end of  a factory promotion film  which did indeed seem to have knock on Minilight wheels fitted to it.  It was seeing this film   during or not long after my after or my apprenticeship days that lead me to try and find some for my own TR5.  The only ones that I could find at the time were  J.A.P . 'MAGNA'  knock  on alloys which were quite expensive.  in the end I had some Revolution 5 spoke alloys made up for my car with the 4.5" 4 stud pcd  fixing instead of the standard 5 stud arrangement they used.  (See photo)  I don't know if these photos would help you  with your discussion with the authorities but they date from about that period. My TR5 was only 5 years old at the time  so that would put it about 1973.  

best of luck. 

hoges. 

finished 4.jpg

DSC04136.JPG

Dear Hoges,

nice wheels indeed. But they come with studs and my authorities want to see TR's in that time with centre locks unfortunately. The promo film you are mentioned could be very helpful I guess.

seeing a red works TR5  shown  right at the end of  a factory promotion film  which did indeed seem to have knock on Minilight wheels fitted to it.

Who knows that film and how to get it?

I did some research in the internet but did not found anything.

many thanks

Cas