Tr6 Lucas fusebox-retro modernisation

Hi guys I have a full new wiring harness and thought I would have a look at perhaps improving the Lucas fuse box which as we all know uses those glass fuses- my idea was to use a modern fuse box that takes the blade fuses but alter the original fuse cover to keep the original look. What I would like to know is am I on the right track as in I realise if you look at my photo the fuse block I've found only has 8 spade connectors in total but I know you can get connectors that fit onto these to double them up - my question is - was there anything special about the Lucas fuse block? I'm asking as I've seen that some folks say you have to use a marine fuse block if you want to replace the Lucas one - I'm not great with electrics so excuse me if I'm asking stupid question, BTW the fuses shown in photo are only for photo representation only not necessarily the right amperage, this begs another question if I'm going down this route would I need different amp blade fuses to the glass ones? Looking forward to your information on this as its something I've been thinking about and started on years ago just resurrected it again today from my little projects store. 

Michael

IMG_20200108_201902.jpg

If you use modern blade fuses you need to bear in mind that the rating for the old automotive glass ones means they will blow at the stated current, whereas for the blade type fuse the number is the maximum current it can carry continuously without blowing. 

The only advantage (?) of a 'marine' style fusebox is that it should be sealed against moisture, though the spade connectors are usually still exposed. 

Edited by RobH

I changed the fusebox in my '6', just because the original was . . . . Well, on its last legs

As you can see, there are a couple of spade extenders that allowed 3 spade attachments

Not tidy, but more reliable

20170302_160922.jpg

47 minutes ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Thanks for the picture, are you using any relays, I don't think I'm going to have as many cables as you as mine will be a CR spec so no hazards, with j type Overdrive no relay and I'm not putting in a radio so as basic as possible. 

Nope

No relays, I wanted it as standard as possible, whilst still working

Electronic ignition

Radio

And that was it