Fuel Cutout Switch

I’ve got a hidden cutout switch for my fuel pump. I was thinking of moving it (into a better position) and wondered what sort of power the pump used. I want to make sure the switch is up to the job. It’s a Bosch pump and I don’t think it’s via a relay. Any suggestions on a suitable switch would be appreciated. The current one is one of the battery isolation types that you remove a red plastic key. 
thanks Paul 

Paul,

you should really consider to run the pump through a relay, this will relieve the ignition switch from the very high current (8-10 A).

Then you can install a fuel cut-out switch in the low current system from ign to the relay. This will ensure the pump is cut off in case of an accident (where you may not be able to switch it off yourselves.

The relay is to increase reliability, the cut-out switch is a safety item, not present on the earlier PI models. 
Waldi

Hi Paul,

if you search the forum there is a lot of additional valuable info on this topic, including wiring diagrams and where to buy the cut-off switch and required wire thickness etc. 

Cheers,

Waldi

Apart from the voltage drop at the pump issue, I was never comfortable having the high current to my Bosch pump flowing through the old dashboard wiring- hence I fitted a direct feed from the battery to a relay in the boot near the pump.