1 hour ago, Andy Moltu said:

What exactly do they do better than the standard one?

Nothing really.I just need to replace my original tired one, and am looking at possible alternatives.For me its purely an aesthetic choice. 

Applegreen, thanks for the info.

The standard filler cap has always struck me as being somewhat vulnerable in that anyone can flick the catch, leaving the tank open.  And that's why I purchased and fitted one of Marco's internal locks for my TR4.

The Aston filler looks very fine and is ideal for competition, but the catch is even more vulnerable, especially if the car is rolled, when it would seem likely that it could be released when in contact with the ground.

Apologies for being a grumpy old fart!

Ian Cornish

4 hours ago, ianc said:

The standard filler cap has always struck me as being somewhat vulnerable in that anyone can flick the catch, leaving the tank open.  And that's why I purchased and fitted one of Marco's internal locks for my TR4.

The Aston filler looks very fine and is ideal for competition, but the catch is even more vulnerable, especially if the car is rolled, when it would seem likely that it could be released when in contact with the ground.

Apologies for being a grumpy old fart!

Ian Cornish

Which is why Caterham Cars went to a flush fitted fuel cap in the 1980’s

On 1/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, tr2_applegreen said:

Hi Cameron, take a look at this thread. I recently installed an Aston cap to my TR2:

I can highly recommend the Mocal ones! Yes, they are expensive, but it is worth it.

Here is the full Mocal brochure:

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/e112be6e/files/uploaded/cap2.pdf

I want I want I want. (Also, I want your trip meter... is that a Brantz Retrotrip? Looks much more 'period' than what I'm currently using).

Nigel

1 hour ago, Bleednipple said:

I want I want I want. (Also, I want your trip meter... is that a Brantz Retrotrip? Looks much more 'period' than what I'm currently using).

Nigel

Hi Nigel, yes, it is a Brantz Retrotrip with additional Back Tracker (below the dash).

Actually, I am going to offer it for sale, since I am upgrading to a Rallycounter S2 with AV Clock. Interested? ->send me a message! ;)

33 minutes ago, tr2_applegreen said:

Hi Nigel, yes, it is a Brantz Retrotrip with additional Back Tracker (below the dash).

Actually, I am going to offer it for sale, since I am upgrading to a Rallycounter S2 with AV Clock. Interested? ->send me a message! ;)

Just PM'd you.

11 hours ago, tr2_applegreen said:

Just curious (because I use Brantz International):  why are you making the change from Retrotrip to Rallycounter?

9 hours ago, tr2_applegreen said:

Mainly because of the great Average Clock.

Ha! Cheating! :D (Well in UK anyway - we're not allowed averaging calculators in most classic rallies here).

Unfortunately though I can't make use of Applegreen's lovely Brantz Retrotrip as my nav insists having on a meter with a hand-held remote for zeroing.

Sorry, WAAAAY off topic for fuel caps. Daphne (TR4) wants one of them Marco fuel caps and what Daphne wants, Daphne usually gets.

Nigel