UK Tours 2020

Now that BUO is finished and completed 'Shake Down' we are looking to put some miles on the old Girl in 2020.

Could anybody let me know of any UK based touring events for 2020 that still have availability please. 

Hi Graham,

the RBRR is not a gentle tour. It is demanding in a two seater.

I would not put a newly built car into it as most rebuilds need a decent shake down time/miles.

Have you got a good co-pilot handy - you can't do it single handed.

But it is one of the best demanding events in any calendar.

Join Club TRiumph now in readiness for 2022

If you are after good tours then contact Mick Forey on here. He has his finger on the pulse.

Roger

Yes think the RBRR might be a little extreme for what I was thinking of, I was going along the lines of a nice drive in the country with some nice hotels for the evening stops :D think the RBRR is more an endurance event rather than a tour, TBH think the car would be up to it not so sure about the driver though ! 

Hi Graham,

you could do it the other way.  Pick an area you would like to see. Find a hotel and book it up. The length of stay is up to you.

The Metropol Hotel in Llandindrod Wells is a car friendly hotel that is used by many car clubs.  The Elan valley is next door and is fabulous.

Beautiful scenery, food, beer AND steam railway not too far away.

Or  Skipton in Yorkshire is pretty. Some nice hotels and a number of railways going through stunning countryside.

Spoilt for choice

Roger

Roger thanks for the heads up on the Metropol looks a nice hotel might well give that a go this summer

Hi Graham,

Have a look at a map, and decide where you fancy seeing, then the locals will help with accomodation/routes even assistance if needed.

See you live down South, Cumbria group could help with The Lake District, or highly recommended The north pennines,  Great TR Driving on sparsly populated roads, a great shakedown not to far from assistance if needed.

John.

If there is enough support to do another event in the coming year I might be tempted to bring forward my alternative 'Coast to Coast' run  which i was planning to do in 2021.   Please RSVP me here or PM me directly if you are interested.  It would be a two or three day event  taking in some interesting roads and with a decent hotel (s) to stop at and refuel/relax.  The theme I was thinking of was  along the lines of 'What have the Romans ever done for us!'  You may draw your own conclusions as to how I might have interpreted that. 

Hoges. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Linking on to Grahams post and your suggestion of a possible Coast to Coast trip this year. I would be interested to hear more.

Graham I see you are not far from me if you fancy a spin when the rain stops to clock up some miles give me a shout.

Phil

HRCR Scenic tours are pleasant and well organised events but only 1 day. One of the most enjoyable weekends we have had in recent yers was when we stayed the weekend in a super Landmark Trust, the Bath House, near Wellesbourne and did the Lavender Run starting and ending at Evesham.

2 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Didn't go on last year's, but the route is strange:

image.png.ed784043a90a7a3e12978fb2dc6fa0c3.png

Ravenglass to Scarborough, fine, butb then on to Bicester?  Surely near the 'centre of England' the furthest from any shore?

What event is this route for?

9 hours ago, ianhoward said:

The start is on my doorstep then! When?

25/26th April. Start is actually Flamborough Head :) 

Tom

10 hours ago, ianhoward said:

Are you participating Tom?

I sure am Ian, car 6 :)

9 hours ago, Tom Boyd said:

I sure am Ian, car 6 :)

you’ll have to let us know when you’re coming up - there’s a good B&B (and a very good pub) here in the village!!!

13 minutes ago, HowardB said:

Make sure you get your entries in quickly as its filling up fast according to the CT forum

Correct, won't be long till it's full....

https://www.club.triumph.org.uk/menu/20692/view

Full 12 hours of driving through the night, gonna be awesome!

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom Boyd said:

Full 12 hours of driving through the night, gonna be awesome!

Tom

Enjoy the view of the great countryside :unsure:

+ 1

we did the first Club Triumph Coast to Coast and although Roger enjoyed the driving, for me it was a complete waste of time. I appreciate it could not be done in daylight hours but for a passenger who enjoys the views normally, there were none except for the lightening and drenching near the start.

Yes, Roger did ALL the driving.

Edited by SuzanneH