Just for info

Capital Chrome / London chroming which were located in the OLD KENT RD have gone.

Having used them in the past i sent off parts , when i called to make sure of arrival the phone line was dead.  I know i should have called first before sending.

Luckily i had put my post code as a return address on all the packaging and after a couple of worrying weeks all was returned.

Shame we have lost another very reliable company.

ROY

They had gone over to using the name Capital chrome after Ashford chroming managed to steal their domain name of London Chroming but I havent heard that they have shut, will be a real shame as Ive been using them for more than 30yrs and in my opinion they were about the best in the business.

Stuart.

After a little riffle round Companies house it seems they have been in Liquidation for some months and the biggest creditor is HMRC for £245000!

Stuart.

As i said parcels returned to me so no forwarding address for them in place, so seems not relocated.

With Stuarts info it seems dead.  Real shame as they were the best i had found.

Need a new source for this process so collecting/seeking  advice and recomendations.

ROY

Roy - have you tried Chromeworld in Grays   - they list quite a lot of stuff on ebay - heres a link to a pair of over riders they recently had on

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR4-Rechromed-Pair-Front-Bumper-Overriders-Close-to-Perfect-/312878160219?nma=true&si=P7IgL1klIWgtvnYG86c1ewJrwl4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=tru

Cheers   Rich

Thanks Rich

Has anyone used these people as they are fairly near it would be easier for me.

Saying that quality is what i want and posting anywhere in the country is easy. Finding the good ones is not so , recommendation from us who have used them invaluable .

Roy

Roy - I have used Ray Hodge at Chrome world quite a lot - if your bits are not badly corroded or distorted, my experience is that he does a good job which is indistinguishable from the best and a far site cheaper. I you make it clear to him that you want the best job going, he will deliver that, but if he finds any defects, he will just stop there and let you know   - best to give him a call  - I will PM you his phone number - 

If you are going to Stoneleigh, come and see me on my stand next to Conrads in Hall 3 ( stall 568B) and I can show you plenty of his work. If there are bits you are after, I might well have them

Cheers Rich

Has anyone used these people as they are fairly near it would be easier for me.

Much like Rich says above - Ray hodge has done quite a lot of bits for me over the last few years & all were done to a high standard which I'm happy with but it will depend totally on the quality of what you send him in the first place, & by that I mean if you send him a pock marked (rust damaged) piece of metal it will come back as a very shiny pock marked piece of metal. You get what you pay for, he doesnt repair or polish as far as I know so its very much dependant on what you have & the condition......

Hi all

All the above bit too far for me living on the edge of the TR world in Yorkshire butI'm also in need of a good chrome company nearer to home.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

PS Happy New Year when it arrives. 

On 12/31/2019 at 6:24 PM, trevor said:

Get In Touch

Colmor Finishing
51a western road
Borough Green,
Sevenoaks
Kent
TN15 8AN

just been told about this firm by a neighbour who recommends them.
Might give them a try as It’s very local .

I've used him, and the most expensive plating I've ever had done and to an average standard.

Previously I always used the apparently defunct London Chroming from whom I always received

the highest and most long lived quality.

Colmor does not and will not copper plate anything as part of the plating process, i.e nickel and chrome

straight onto the  polished surface.Remains to be seen how my stuff lasts when it's fitted.

He is a personable chap. 

I'd like to have an alternative plating company to try myself.

Have wheels.Will travel!

Roger M-E 

In my experience Silvabronz in Alton, Hampshire are excellent. http://www.beckworth.net/

They offer a complete restoration service – making repairs to the base metal if necessary and then triple plating – first copper, then nickel and then chrome. Beautiful work, far better than the original BL quality and they give a lifetime guarantee.

When I collected my bumper from Russell the owner last year and asked him to clarify what a lifetime guarantee meant, he looked at me over his glasses and replied – the chrome will outlast you.

So that’s alright then!

Martin