Finally painted

Thanks for your effort Stan, I appreciate.

We probably have the same stud length, I also have 8-9 turns. If I hear different from Panasport I will let you know,

60 ft.lbs (or 80 Nm) it will be. 

Regards,

Waldi

Congratulations on a milestone reached Waldi. It's all downhill from here and you will be on the road in time for summer.

The car looks terrific as do the gaps as others have said.

Wishing you a peaceful and happy Christmas. Don't spend too much time in the garage, ignoring the family. (I fitted my soft top and had a first complete car drive during the Christmas holidays last year)

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the encouraging comments, I appreciate those.

Meanwhile I got information from Panasport after sending them an e-mail.

In their response they refer to information from other vendors for the required torque and minimum thread engagement.

Panasport indicated to me they do not have their own fitting instructions.

Two vendors they refer to provide the following, but slightly differing info:

1) For a 7/16"-20 (UNF) wheelnut: 85 (+/-5)  ft.lbs torque. The vendor in the 2nd link indicates a typical value of 70-80 ft.lbs. These values are with no lubrication on threads or faces.
   Conversion to metric units:
   70 ft.lbs equals   95 N.m
   80 ft.lbs equals 110 N.m
   85 ft.lbs equals 115 N.m

For the alloy wheels I will stick with the lower value of 60 ft/lbs used by Stan, also because I use some grease on everything I install, also on wheel nuts, so a lower value is sufficient (let's agree to disagree on that).

2) The minimum thread engagement "per SAE"  (there is no reference to the specific standard) is the same as diameter, so for a 7/16" stud this is 7/16" nut height of engagement. With 20 threads per inch (TPI) this equals: 7/16*20 = 8,75 windings. The vendor in the 2nd link specifies 9 windings.

Below are the links Panasport is referring too:

https://www.performanceplustire.com/tech-info/a-few-facts-about-lug-nuts/

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=107&

Hope this is usefull for others too.

Best regards,

Waldi