MR2 seat conversion.

With help from a good friend I have just replaced my original red tartan, (yuck), seats with a pair from an MR2. I think it was well worth it. Not a difficult job.

Now, if I can just recover from 9 months of a trapped sciatic nerve, I might get to drive it.

Rodders.

994197E6-7D57-4F99-8544-013B1CB1DD89.jpeg

Hi Rodders, that looks great !

i had quite bad sciatic nerve pain for about 18 months

eventually, after doctor/consultant/MRI scans found nothing i thought i’d try a physio as i’d had good results with previous knee issues.

physio assessed me and set out a regimen of stretches and core exercise, i’m pretty fit but she swore this would work but would take ‘several months’

suffice to say after about 3 months the pain faded and then went away

i do the stretches / core exercises every day and am pain free 3 years later

if i dont do the stretches properly the pain comes back, so i’m sure they work.

there is hope !

steve

2 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Hi Rodders, that looks great !

i had quite bad sciatic nerve pain for about 18 months

eventually, after doctor/consultant/MRI scans found nothing i thought i’d try a physio as i’d had good results with previous knee issues.

physio assessed me and set out a regimen of stretches and core exercise, i’m pretty fit but she swore this would work but would take ‘several months’

suffice to say after about 3 months the pain faded and then went away

i do the stretches / core exercises every day and am pain free 3 years later

if i dont do the stretches properly the pain comes back, so i’m sure they work.

there is hope !

steve

Thanks Steve, I live in hopes. Unfortunately my MRI SCAN shows degenerative disease and damage to a couple of vertebrae in the Lumbar region  and am now waiting for a nice man to stick a needle in my spine. I support and have been grateful in the past for the NHS but this time and a bit disillusioned because between each referral, about 6-8 weeks pass during which time I am in constant pain. As I said though, I live in hopes as my GP said, most people in your position  recover in about 18 months. So, I’ve only got another 9 months!  Unlike the Prostate consultant who said after telling me that ”there is something there” and that at 77,  “you haven’t got too much longer to live anyway”. I took that on the chin because we had a good  rapport especially after I said to him when he was about to give me the “test”,   “I only had my annual check up last week and he stuck his finger up my bottom... do you think I should change my dentist”.

C’est la vie say the old folk, goes to say you never can tell.

Rodders.

Edited by modelbuilder