movie Le Man 66

Hi,

have been with friends to the movie Le Man 66,

I'm not a racing friend but I liked it very much for the story (true?) and the pictures.

Sadly I found no calender with photos from the movie.

Ciao, Marco

I went with my wife and daughter and we all loved it.I am the only petrol head in the family so this came as a surprise!.

The noise of those cars was brilliant and the history of Carol Shelby came also as a surprise.

Go along a see it. Really good.

Regards HarryTR5 Nutter

We had some not interested wifes with us (not my wife),

ready to sleep - and they did not and also liked it!

edit: by the way, was that a red TR6 in 1966 at the end of the movie?

Edited by Z320
  • 3 months later...

getting back to the thread title is the new film worth watching on the small screen ?

i see sky have it to buy - pay to view 

now we are in self-isolation an evening with a good film is an option

Ah Marco…

You said “If your TV is really small you could sit a little closer”

But Hamish is self-isolating, so he has to keep at least 2 metres away from his TV.

======

Just in case any Americans reading this thread don’t know what “Le Mans 66” is, it’s a film that was called “Ford v Ferrari” in the US.

Anyone know why the title changed?

Charlie.

I watched it on a baby IFE screen on a recent BA 747 flight back to the U.K.  I was worth watching on that so certainly worth it on a decent TV. 
Oddly it was titled Ford v Ferrari which I understand was it’s overseas title. 

55 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Me favorit seen was father and son at sundown sitting on the air field with this big "8" in the background.

A really BIG composition of this move.

Or do I remember wrong?

Apologies all, you are quite right.

Unwittingly, this line of thought sneaked out. I agree with Roger and am sure there'll be a more appropriate time and place to put such ideas.

I haven't seen the film yet. Too much like work. But from all I've heard I already know I'm going to love it.

Cheers folks. 
May give it a go. 

self isolation is more a case of minimising social I so contact. I go to work, look at empty shelves and rake the dogs for a walk. 

I need to risk the barbers if it’s not too late.

There was "Steve McQueen, the Man and Le Mans" on BBC4 the other night.  Feature length film , using off cuts from his film, contemporary interveiwws with people concerned and with the man himself.   It's on iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gg35/steve-mcqueen-the-man-and-le-mans

That was followed by another about Hunt & Lauda and yet another on Chris Hoy at Le Mans.   There were regular ;handicrafts progs on befiore that evening, so they didn;t start this lot until 2100, and finished after 0000, so I'll have to catch up via i Player!   

John

I saw Le Mans 66 at our local theatre/cinema when it came out - fantastic film, & pretty much tells the true story.

Just (now) finished watching the "Steve McQueen, the Man & Le Mans" which I had recorded.  Yet to see the actual film, I will have to now !

Bob.

McQueens film is great, but as the programme says it has virtually no script!  No dialogue for the first twenty minutes or so!  No bad thing, lets it concentrate on the racing.   

But even more extreme is "Grand Prix".    Lots of dialogue, and a seriously cr*p story, but the greatest motor racing footage, ever!    Worth watching on video, so you can skip the storey!    But don't skip the scenes where the actual drivers of that age have speaking parts.   Hill, Bonnier, Ginther, McLaren, Gurney, Siffert, etc. Etc.  

Edited by john.r.davies
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

There is a very good documentary on Netflix that describes the conflict over 4-5 years..about 2hrs long.

Annoys my wife when I watch the movie as the soundbar gets a good testing..:D

Nigel.