Reverse light wiring

I'm fitting a reversing light and rear fog light to the TR2

The lights are Lucas L494 with the cable coming out of the rear of the housing, not from out of the fixing bolt, and are being attached to brackets mounted to the top of the rear bumpers

Any recommendations for running the wires from the lights into the boot to connect up to the supply wiring that is already there?

Phil

Hi Phil,

I fitted two LED lights to the rear of my TR2 ( see pics.). They have three functions i.e., daytime red running lights, red brake lights and orange indicator lights. There are four wires which I passed through a length of bicycle innertube and up inside the rear wing to holes which were already there into the boot. I had already fitted an extra wire from under the dash to the boot when I rebuilt the car 12/13 years ago. I used this wire as a switched live from the ignition for the running lights. The other wires were connected to the relevant wires already in the boot.

From what you have said I assume you have already fitted the extra wires from switches in the cabin to the boot.

IMG_20191209_193625554Forum.jpg

IMG_20191209_193731681Forum.jpg

IMG_20191209_194009866Forum.jpg