Tecalemit Oli Filter/fittings. Dynamo fan

Hu Guys,

My TR4a engine came separate from the car with all the accessories jumbled in boxes. This included the Tecalemit Filter head and filter housing.

The housing just has the fixing bolt running through it, but no spring or guide plate  attached.

Looking at the Moss catalogue it seems that the Telcalemit does not have a spring, but does have a guide plate. The spring only seems to be part of the Purolator style.

Is this right? If no spring what hold the filter in place?

Also the Dynamo does not have a fan with it.  Moss shows one, NCA, so I assume it should have one as most dynamo's do. Anybody got one going spare?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Rich

Referring to the Moss USA diagram the Tecalemit filter needs a spring (55) and the pressure plate (52) to function.

I recently installed the Moss spin-on conversion and removed the Tecalemit filter head and used a Purolator one instead. The Purolator uses a thicker sealing ring and seems less leak prone with the spin-on. So far so good, no leaks. BTW if you should contemplate a spin-on conversion now is the time. It is MUCH easier to do and ensure that the old seal is gone with the filter head on the bench. Also much easier to get the recommended torque (11-12 lbs) on the adaptor bolt on the bench. I had to dig out my old Sears Craftsman in-lbs torque wrench.

I just checked the Tecalemit assembly that I removed and it has the spring but the pressure head is gone. I wonder if I threw it out with the old filter by mistake...

TRI-002_2.jpg

Edited by Andy303