Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run

The twenty-seventh running of this biennial event will take place from 2nd - 4th October 2020. Entry went live early this morning and the capped maximum entry of 125 cars was soon reached. Within 18 hours the reserve list is already standing at 25 cars.  I don' think these crews should be too concerned, experience has shown that multiple withdrawals are to be expected, after all several cars are still rebuild projects and owners are notoriously bullish on time scales. However, one would have thought that a non-refundable £50 element of the entry fee this time  for those pulling out before 31/8 would have discouraged  over optimistic entrants.

Provisional entry list has the TR family well represented with12 x TR7 & Tr7 V8; 6 x TR6; 2 x TR5; 2 x TR4; 4 x TR4A and 2 x TR3A. Two remarkable entries are a 1936 Gloria Southern Cross ( a second attempt in this car for the intrepid Belgian crew) and a pre-war Super-Series Gnat (look it up if necessary).

Nest year's Run will be my 23rd start and, hopefully, 21st finish in this event since 1974 in the same TR4A. It will be my 16th RBRR with Mike Hockaday co-driving, a record for a driver pairing - wish us luck!

Tim.

RBRR start.jpg

We have decided not to participate this time due to my knee injury. However we have volunteered for marshalling duties so we shall see you all probably at Lands End!

See you at the start. Last entered in 2008, it will be a long overdue return

Tom

So sorry you and Vicky won't be on the Run this time Ben, you and Geoffrey will be missed. Many thanks however for supporting us with marshalling, look forward to getting your signature somewhere!

Welcome back Tom.

Tim

On 12/8/2019 at 10:19 AM, Ben Freer said:

We have decided not to participate this time due to my knee injury. However we have volunteered for marshalling duties so we shall see you all probably at Lands End!

If your coming down this end pop in and say hello Ben.

Stuart.