Door glass - hardtop height

I fitted a hardtop to my car and there was a large gap between the door glass and the hardtop, I found a post on here (thanks Stuart) that described which bolts to adjust, having done that the gap is smaller but there is still a gap. The seal on the hardtop appears to be in good condition so I don't think that's the issue, should the glass reach the seal? has anyone fitted an additional P seal to take up the gap?

Iani, 

mine is the same, one side anyway.  As I was putting the TR away for winter, I just left it.  I would think that there is an adjustable stop in the door for this, but could possibly be windscreen height or angle.  Does your door glass fit well with the windscreen? When raising the door glass, does it follow the same angle all the way up?

also, please direct me to the post that you reference above.

graham

There is in fact an adjustable stop in the door ( must remove card to access ). I had to adjust/raise the glass in my cars to reach the seals in the Surrey hard top lid. When you do that, though, scratches from the outer waist seal will heave into view - I wound up replacing the glass, another odyssey you will enjoy!

Tom

14 minutes ago, Graham J said:

Iani, 

mine is the same, one side anyway.  As I was putting the TR away for winter, I just left it.  I would think that there is an adjustable stop in the door for this, but could possibly be windscreen height or angle.  Does your door glass fit well with the windscreen? When raising the door glass, does it follow the same angle all the way up?

also, please direct me to the post that you reference above.

graham

Here's the thread Graham: 

10 minutes ago, Tom Fremont said:

There is in fact an adjustable stop in the door ( must remove card to access ). I had to adjust/raise the glass in my cars to reach the seals in the Surrey hard top lid. When you do that, though, scratches from the outer waist seal will heave into view - I wound up replacing the glass, another odyssey you will enjoy!

Tom

I've adjusted the two bolts Tom, they are in their rightmost position so no further adjustment is available. 

On 12/7/2019 at 7:50 PM, iani said:

I've adjusted the two bolts Tom, they are in their rightmost position so no further adjustment is available. 

File the holes out further I`ve had to do this a number of times.

Stuart.

54 minutes ago, stuart said:

File the holes out further I`ve had to do this a number of times.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, sounds reasonable.

36 minutes ago, iani said:

Thanks Stuart, sounds reasonable.

I`ve also remade the stop (extend the leg) to give more height as well.

Stuart.