I don't often look at TR4's for sale on eBay but there are currently 4 TR4s advertised today by a scammer. The maxim "if it's too good to be true it probably isn't true" should be your watchword. Take care when looking to bag yourself a Christmas bargain!

Andy

The internet can be a very dangerous place, I have been fleeced twice by scam advertisements on Facebook. How Facebook are unable to vet the credibility of advertisers is beyond me - I now will not buy anything advertised on Facebook as it is very likely to be fraudulent.

38 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Ebay do not appear to be able to stop these scams. The same scammer has over 30 motors listed. Ebay eventally delete and then the scammer highjacks another account and relists. I am fed up of reporting these scams.

Me too. I think it is better to alert the unsuspecting to the possibility than dedicating every waking minute to reporting scams

10 hours ago, Geko said:

It's internet gents, most of it is trash. 

But a lot is genuine. Learn to recognise the warning signs and you should be pretty safe. I have had numerous positive experiences. I found my TR4 on facebook marketplace and have been delighted

2 hours ago, Ocheye said:

But a lot is genuine. Learn to recognise the warning signs and you should be pretty safe. I have had numerous positive experiences. I found my TR4 on facebook marketplace and have been delighted

Agreed - I bought mine on eBay.

4 hours ago, TorontoTim said:

Agreed - I bought mine on eBay.

I've never had any real  problems with Ebay -  and I use it a lot. Facebook ads, on the other hand, appear to be  a totally unregulated 'free for all' for many unscrupulous scammers.

7 hours ago, Ocheye said:

I think Facebook 'Marketplace' is different from the ads that pop up within your personal account - usually using a video demonstration of a product - mainly DIY gadgets.