Hi All,

The Forum frequently mentions the preferred painting combinations for TRs as blasting (it seems there are various opinons on which media) followed by etch priming using Bonda Rust and then Stone Chip prior to final 2 pack epoxy.

My question is the following: Is the Stone Chip mentioned the Dinitrol product or is there another product from another manufacturer available to the DIY market?

Thanks in advance

John

Hi John,

Stone chip is made by a variety of paint manufacturers.  You can buy  it in aerosols for small areas or in one litre cans and apply it with a schutz gun (and suitable airline) for the complete underbody.  Stuart will probably be along shortly to let you know his preferred supplier.

Rgds Ian

Good Morning All,

Many thanks Ian, Stuart and Roger for your replies;  excatly the information I needed.

Having thought about it a little more, is there a Stone Chip colour I should be using as I intend to cover the  very small areas with Signal Red cellulose to match the original?

Thanks again in advance

John