Liège-Brescia-Liège Rally 2019

Earlier this year my cousin and I participated in the Liège-Brescia-Liège Rally organised by Malcolm McKay and sponsored by the TR Register.

When we arrived back, encouraged by my wife and remembering Don Hiscock's Blurb book about his TR3b, I thought I would have a go at creating a photo book of our experiences.  It would have been good if I had thought about it before I left, I might have taken some slightly better pictures along the route.  But in this regard, I was helped considerably by Malcolm who made his own pictures freely available - as did Wayne Scott.  Many thanks to them.

For those who are interested the following link will take you to the Blurb website where a preview of the book should be available.  I'm not encouraging people to buy it but you can enlarge the preview to full screen by clicking on the arrows.

Rgds Ian

Liège-Brescia-Liège Rally - The trip of a lifetime

Edited by Ian Vincent

Well done Ian, I really must find the time to do similar. It was such a great event .......I note the reference to the FFEV, James  and I are still talking! :-) . 

Iain

Edited by iain
On 12/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, iain said:

Well done Ian, I really must find the time to do similar. It was such a great event .......I note the reference to the FFEV, James  and I are still talking! :-) . 

Iain

Iain,

Thanks for the kind remarks. FWIW the comment about FFEV was prompted by a conversation with the navigator from another team (who shall remain nameless). You weren’t the only ones  

Rgds Ian

Iain,

What an excellent book and collection of photos - and thank you for making it available for us to flip through - well done!

You may recognise the red TR3 at left as Car No.4. Lesley and I had a great time on the rally and we well recall all the places visited. It was a great trip and adventure and a huge achievement for the TRs involved.

All the best,

Jeff & Lesley Roberts

Hi Jeff,

Thks for the compliments; I enjoyed the places we visited so much I wanted some kind of permanent memory jogger that I could look through occasionally.

I think I was right in saying that that reason you arrived somewhat later than everyone else in Brescia ws because you had nipped off for lunch somewhere on the way down from either the Stelvio or the Gavia.

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian,

It's true Lesley and I nipped off into a local hotel for afternoon tea on completing our return run down the Gavia Pass - I think you were behind us at the time - but that was a different day. What delayed our arrival into the Piazza was spending too much time searching for a couple of photo controls. We eventually found them but then had to make a mad dash to Brescia. There was no one more surprised than us when we actually arrived there just about in time!

All the Best,

JEFF