rear oil seal mandrel

Hi can anyone tell where I can buy a mandrel for the rear oil seal on a TR4a I am hoping to replace mine while I am off work over xmas I will be using the Ang conversion kit leaving original scroll seal in place I live in Lancashire so if anybody knows a machine shop local who could make one I know the mandrel size in manual is wrong and have correct size with diagram thanks 

Hi Dave,

Is this the seal you are getting  https://www.angclassiccarparts.co.uk/products/triumph-5981/tr4-tr4a/engine-parts-ancilliaries/uprated-rear-crankshaft-oil-seal-conversion-kit-tr4-tr4a

I have the original Chris Marx seal which this is based on. I am sure you will need to remove both parts of the scroll seal.

You should be able to fit it with the crank in place (if that is the case).

I have a mandrel that you may borrow. If you PM me the dimensions I will check that it is spot on.  To do a PM click on my avatar and the next screen is fairly logical.

Roger

I have both the original Triumph Mandrel and the Christian Marx one if you need.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks for all your help  I was going to use the Christian marx type seal from ang classic I have a diagram of mandrel with both sizes on I will find a machine shop local to make one for me I am hoping to only do the job once its only a couple of drops each time its parked up but I just don't like any leaks RogerH send me a link to another way to cure it so might try that first thanks again if any member in the northwest has a mandrel I could  buy/hire/borrow over xmas please E-mail me at davdav@aol.com thanks again for advice and information