Surrey hardtop aluminium for sale

Gents, before I find the energy to post it in the Classifieds here is my restored aluminum surrey hardtop surplus to requirement. It's complete with seals; headlining; braces; SS trim; original fixing points/threads and knobs. Painted in Silverstone grey, it will nicely combine with any of the standard TR colors. I concur that £ 900 isn't cheap but rare enough in this condition and a direct fit. Please PM for details and more pictures.

Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 08.31.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 08.31.48(1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 08.31.49.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 08.31.49(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 08.31.50.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 08.31.50(1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-02 at 09.56.55.jpeg

Edited by Geko
add

A lovely panel, you should get that price all day long.

Mick Richards

1 minute ago, Chris Hubball said:

Did you buy or make the fixing bolts? if you made them details or drawing would be useful.

Cheers Chris

I bought these for the 5 rear fittings on my TR3a hardtop. 

(Metric I know but nice stainless :ph34r:)

KNURLED THUMB SCREWS STAINLESS STEEL HAND GRIP KNOB BOLTS M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182019943325

21 minutes ago, MikeThomas said:

Quick question.

Anyone know what the original hard tops for a 5 were made of, aluminum or steel?

Mike

Steel at that time, the ally one being known as the "Ladies top".was deleted by then I believe

Stuart.

1 hour ago, Geko said:

There were 6000 ally top made until 1964 after which they were replaced by the steel version. 11kg complete for the ally, nearly 20 kg for the steel version. 

Naked my aluminum lids weight about 11 lbs, ~ 20 lbs for the steel ones so maybe the above figures are for the entire kit.

Curious to know the net weight difference vs. the soft top kit I weighed a soft top assembly and what I came up with was 9 lbs heavier ( with the aluminum lid ). Not enough to warrant noting in the factory's published weight specifications it seems.

Beautiful lid, Stef, and a low price to boot. Of course, crating shipping and shipping to anywhere from Malaysia doubles it :(.

Tom

22 minutes ago, Tom Fremont said:

Naked my aluminum lids weight about 11 lbs, ~ 20 lbs for the steel ones so maybe the above figures are for the entire kit.

Curious to know the net weight difference vs. the soft top kit I weighed a soft top assembly and what I came up with was 9 lbs heavier ( with the aluminum lid ). Not enough to warrant noting in the factory's published weight specifications it seems.

Beautiful lid, Stef, and a low price to boot. Of course, crating shipping and shipping to anywhere from Malaysia doubles it :(.

Tom

I just went through the weighting exercise for the entire kit: 11.1 kg but you have to include the weight of the filler + finisher + paint + glue ! Air freight to the UK is ~ £250 so not as dissuasive as initially thought. 

On 12/2/2019 at 10:43 AM, Geko said:

I just went through the weighting exercise for the entire kit: 11.1 kg but you have to include the weight of the filler + finisher + paint + glue ! Air freight to the UK is ~ £250 so not as dissuasive as initially thought. 

Just weighed both of my lids ( as seen below, and there is a clear coat ) and they weigh 16-16.5 lbs, so well under 8 kg. 

Wouldn't have guessed paint and filler would account for 3+ kg - unless lead, and a good amount thereof:unsure:

Tom

5 hours ago, tim hunt said:

Can you really get the 3A hard top movement free using only hand tightened knobs Hamish?

Tim

Seems to work fine for me. Nice snug fit. 3 bolts on the screen and 5 knurled round the side and rear work ok.