Oil pressure feed pipe connection TR4a

Hi guys,

Just reinstalling the original oil filter on my rebuilt TR4a engine. The filter head is secures by 3 bolts, and  a stud. The oil feed pipe which connects to the oil pressure gauge is connected to this stud with a domed nut.

I'm probably just being dipsy, but I can't see any connection through this stud into the banjo. So how does the pipe see oil pressure?<_<

Rich

Hi Roger,

Ah, that makes sense. I will have a closer look tomorrow  and it will probably be clear and make sense,

Thanks 

Rich

The hole in the housing is indeed oversized. As Roger says get the copper washers in the right order. Largest nearest the block, smallest under the domed nut. Anneal the washers before fitting and they’ll seal nicely. 

Well, the hole isn't particularly oversize, but there is a slot in the casting leading to the hole so I assume there must be enough clearance for oil pressure to get  by.  Although with the gasket in place there is not a lot of room. I guess I will see once the engine is run up. I guess the design must work ?

Cheers

Rich