Left to Right conversion - bulkhead holes

So I'm in the process of the left to right conversion on the 4a. Measured and cut the steering column hole but when I've researched this topic on the net, the 3 holes above the steering column hole on the LHD side don't seem to be replicated on the RHD side, none of my pre-restoration photos clearly show what went through which hole, can anyone provide photos which clearly show the RHD bulkhead arrangement?

Many thanks

David

Holes.jpg

Thanks Stuart, so did you weld up all 3 of the holes on the other side or is one of them still required? And I assume you put the speedo and tacho cables through 1 hole together to avoid cutting another hole to do them separately?

Rgds

David

13 hours ago, Malbaby said:

David, are your battery side plates only temporary?

Thank you for the photos, most helpful. No they're not, why do you ask?

Rgds

David

Pardon me for saying this, but they look home made, and not strong enough.

I can see that there must have been a rust problem with the battery base panel, as you have done some sheet metal replacement.

Do you still have the original battery side plates, as you could cut the rusted bottom off and weld a new plate to the bottom.They would be shorter but still look factory.

Have you considered fitting a new physically smaller battery and moving the LHS battery side plate inboard.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:23 PM, Malbaby said:

This is what I did.  Left one hole, but it was not required.

IMG_0889.JPG

That hole should be for the oil pressure pipe BTW.

Stuart.

Also another thing that a lot of people forget when converting left to right is the captive nut in the left hand rear corner of the battery tray section for the dash support bar.

Stuart.

Gents, this is all extremely useful and I thank you for taking the time to post all the detail; this should probably be all kept as an easily findable resource for all those who undertake this project, muvch more detailed than somre of the advice available on the web

Rgds

David