18 hours ago, iain said:

That’s a lovely Prize. Didn’t get one with my Tr :-(

I think MH kept that prize :D

4 hours ago, MilesA said:

I wonder what the original colour scheme was (car not model!).

Miles

I was wondering that too, Miles.

A cup of coffee and a Google later, and it turns out it was a red TR3 with cream hood / interior.

Presented to Susana Duijm, winner of the 1955 Miss World Contest. One of the sponsors for the event, held at the Lyceum Ballroom in London, was 'Lex Car Distributors' who had originally offered a prize of £500 and a TR2 (seen in the Pathe News clip below).

After winning the crown however, Miss Duijm had her eye on the showroom's TR3 because, "I was crazy about the overdrive!". Apparently the organisers had no qualms changing it, and she was photographed with the car at the Lex sales rooms the next day. The following month it was shipped to her home in Caracas.

Wonder what happened to it?

SusaTR.thumb.jpg.6aed824131153a1c7711c2e930165588.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Smart lady!

Anyone remember the period shot of Miss World in the car with Stirling Moss?............ Reportedly, (OK it was actually a caption competition) she said to him something along the lines “So Stirling you were never actually a World Champion!

I don't recall either of these shots of Miss Dujim appearing in TR Action - perhaps Registrar Mike Ellis or Wayne could arrange to include them in a future issue?

Neither shot is risqué, so the PC brigade ought not to be offended!

Ian Cornish