Goodridge Brake Hoses

After the Christmas break I plan to strip, inspect and rebuild the suspension on my TR4A. It is 20 years since the rebuild was completed.

It has Goodridge brake hoses fitted which are also 20 years old. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I should replace these? Can they break down internally like conventional rubber hoses?

It would make sense to replace them while I am in there but on the other hand it may be unjustified expense!

Thanks in advance

Graeme

Replace them ! You may call it unjustified expense but compared to the rest of your suspension, it will be minor and not worth the risk.

Goodridge braided hoses have rubber inside and I would not count on the rubber being in supreme condition after those years.

(I have them too).....

I would replace them as well. I had a set on my TR2 (probably 20 yrs old) when I had it and although it was never on the road while I had it the person who bought it from me and put it on the road had to replace them as they had broken down and one actually detached the pipe from its end coupling under pressure.

Stuart.

9 hours ago, dingle said:

Doesn't the Goodridge brake hoses have a Teflon liner?

yes, you are right, I stand corrected, the new ones do have a teflon liner....the teflon fuel lines I have have a large bending radius. The Goodridge lines are more flexibel (thinner lining). 20 year old brake hoses should still be replaced...no matter teflon or rubber....a complete kit is still vey affordable...