Wiring for push button style starter solenoid

Folks, My Tr4a came with some aftermarket starter solenoid, so I just bought a “push button” style solenoid from TRF to replace it. However I wanted to make sure I wire it up correctly, as the after market one I removed had different connectors. I have attached a picture of the new solenoid.

On the new solenoid there are two large copper lugs at 9 and 3 o’clock, with additional blade connectors on the 9 o’clock one. There is also a small lug at 6 o’clock (barely visible in the picture). Is the following the correct way to wire it?

- Copper 9 o’clock lug with blade connectors - positive cable from battery, wire from ammeter, wire from horn relay 

- Small 6 o’clock lug - wire from ignition switch 

- Copper 3 o’clock lug - cable to starter 

Is this correct? 

BTW - my car has an alternator, so when I installed it, I used the Moss US rewiring diagrams to bypass the stock voltage regulator.
https://mossmotors.com/media/instructions/130-058_inst.pdf

Thanks 

Jim

36391CD3-1449-498F-B729-D6C31A825370.jpeg

Edited by Tr4aJim

Thanks Roger.

What about the copper lugs? It seems logical that the one at 3 o’clock would go to the starter, and the other three wires go to the one at 9 o’clock. But my “logic” has burned me before!

Jim

• 1 year later...

I'm just reviving this topic for clarification from some of you electrical gurus as I wire up the 4a from restoration.

So I have a Powerlite Starter fitted (Model RAC 102), a new Autosparks loom modified for alternator fitting (no Control Box) and a new Lucas push button starter solenoid. If I understand both the Powerlite instructions and the comments on this thread, my wiring should be as follows:

The loom has 4 brown wires (2 paired up on a ring terminal) and a R/W wire at the solenoid position

Battery power cable to the 9 o'clock stud on the solenoid along with the twin brown wires which go to the alternator

Thick single brown wire (ignition switch) on the large spade terminal

4th brown wire to the smaller spade at the 9 o'clock terminal (not 100% sure what this is for yet, possibly voltmeter/horn relay)

Red/White wire (trigger wire) to the smaller spade terminal at 6 o'clock (ignition switch)

Power cable to starter motor to the stud terminal at 3 o'clock

Link wire on starter motor remains in place

Appreciate your advice

Best Regards

David