Lucas control regulator orientation

Hi there can anyone tell me which way the control box should be orientated as some pictures seem it with the electrical connections pointing down and others with them pointing to the side as mine are currently. Mine's a late 1959 3A and I wondered if the orientation perhaps changed.

Thanks Archie

My '58 3A has the connections pointing downwards. You can see why it was changed because the wires are very tight and there are a lot which crowd out the fuse unit.

Richard & Bruno

Edited by Richardtr3a
Extra comment immediately after pressing send.
14 hours ago, Richardtr3a said:

My '58 3A has the connections pointing downwards. You can see why it was changed because the wires are very tight and there are a lot which crowd out the fuse unit.

Richard & Bruno

Much less of a problem over here with LHD and for what it's worth, my '59 pre-60k TR3 with screw terminals has them going down while my '60 post 60k TR3

with spade terminals has them toward the side.

Tom

Cheers again everyone for comments so yep it looks like mine (with spade connectors) pointing to the side is correct. Thanks. Peter yep it probably does but I haven't unbolted the unit and wasn't sure it it would line up both ways to be honest. There is a chance also when being restored new that the original screw holes and or spire nuts (if that is what is there) where changed.

Thanks