Tuning tr6 pi cp series

Good evening Oracle 

What is the right procedure to tune a 1971 tr6 pi, cp series, throttle link under manifold ?

Brown book says, set air flow 5-6 pair then adjust 3-4 and finnaly 1-2

Lucas pi tuning green book, states for tr5 and early tr6, set central pair 3-4 and then the others.

Probably it has being discussed before, some enlightment is much needed

For the last 5 years I tried the BB instructions and never got a good balanced combustion on pair 5-6!

All the fuel line is according to tec. notes, pressures,flow, vacumm etc

Thankyou all

José 

Hi Jose, hope all is good with you ?

have you renewed the bushes on the throttle linkage, with worn old bushes its impossible to set the throttles up.

when i did mine two bushes were very worn and the other was missing entirely!

new poly bushes and links and setup was straightforward with vacuum gauge

steve

Hi Jose

i inspected the mechanism  closely thinking there would be a variation in opening due to the take up of play, which would determine the order to sync the bodies.

this didnt seem to be the case, with new bushes and adjustable links it was possible to get all three to open together.

then, as Neil says, adjust for even flow at 800 revs and check at 2000

i set the middle pair first, as they are connected nearest to the throttle cable, then set the outer pairs to match

did this three years ago and not touched since !

steve

I find the instructions in the BB a bit complex.

I agree with Neil, first balance the 3 TB’s at 800 rpm, then check at 2000 rpm using a synchro meter. It is a bit of an iterative process. Make sure the 3 spindle screws are loose, so all 6 butterflies are fully closed at the beginning. The engine should stall if you close the idle air (by-pass) valve. Then you raise the one stationary screw so rpm is around 800 and start with the adjustment. 
I replaced the 3 linkages and the 3 spindles because the originals were worn, making adjustment more difficult. 
Waldi