Cantrails for hardtops

CANTRAILS FOR FACTORY TR2/3/3A/3B HARDTOPS

For those who are perplexed, these are the alloy gutters fitted to the sides of the hardtop to direct rainwater away from the sidescreens and/or the pilot and passenger!  Part numbers 802611 (LH) and 802612 (RH).

These parts were not available for a considerable time, but club member Ian Smith, who has restored a factory hardtop, found a supplier who was able to make these parts.  In response to an advert in 2015 in TR Action and on this Forum, Ian received orders and then organised production and despatch of 15 sets.

Ian thought that he had satisfied the worldwide demand for cantrails, but it seems not, as he has received further requests!

This is a second – and final – chance to procure a set of cantrails, by contacting Ian via the email below.

If there were sufficient demand, Ian would arrange a short production run, and if there were 10 members interested, an estimated cost per set (of  two, left & right) would be £75, plus P&P and VAT.  Although somewhat unwieldy, cantrails can be (and were) shipped to any TR enthusiast world wide.

If interested, please e-mail Ian on: trcantrails@yahoo.co.uk

Photo rotated-1280.jpg

Cantrails.jpg

Edited by ianc
Additional photo. Clarification that set = 2, left & right

Yes, a set = two cantrails, one left and one right, as in photo.  I've edited the description to clarify this.

Although I'm not in the market because the hardtop of my TR2 was sold to someone in 1969, I think this is a very good deal for a quality product.

Ian Cornish

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Ian Smith at the Chiltern Group meeting last night, and he told me that already he has 15 orders, 14 UK and one from Ireland. 

I am going to publicise Ian's offer to the TR clubs around the world and am hoping that a notice will be in the next TR Action - if not, will be the one after that.

Ian described to me how he packages these rather unwieldy rails in order to ensure that they arrive in pristine condition - a lot of work for him.  He is performing a marvellous service for owners of hardtops.

Ian Cornish