I have some sad news regarding Ken and his health which i want to share with you.

A lot of TR owners will know Ken Mumford very well, as a friend, as a provider of a wealth of all early TR knowledge and advice, as a finder of unobtainable parts and of course re chroming our bumpers and shiny bits.

Ken has had a fall and has injured himself and is for the foreseeable future stuck in hospital.

I visited him yesterday and he is tired, in pain but in good spirits.

He talked at length about his life restoring (and breaking) TR's from the late 50's when he used to buy TR2s and 3s from Triumph which had been damaged on the production line or when they had actually fallen off the back of a transporter on their way to a dealer!

Even though he was in great pain talking about his cars cheered him up, just as it cheers us up when we talk about our cars.

What I am hoping is that if you know Ken, could you send him a get well card or better still if you live near enough to Watford go and pay him a visit.

He spoke so well of all the people he has known both those who have passed and those still with us so please send him a card.

Could someone copy this to the members area as I cannot do so.

I wont publish his contact details here but  pm me and i will reply.

Thanks,

Tom.

Thats very sad news, Ive known Ken for many years and he`s always been so helpful for parts, he`s also done a lot for charity over the years too.

Get well soon Ken.

Stuart.

Thanks for all the replies, I have sent you all details except for Helen. I tried to send you the details but a message said you cannot receive them.

Perhaps your mailbox is full? If so clear out some messages and i will re send you the details tomorrow or early next week,

• 3 months later...

Please could you send me details too. I bought a set of pristine sterl wheels for OGB 800 back in the late 1980s. I nearly bought a brand new high port cylinder head, but he was and wasn't selling it. Nice guy. Genuine. Very kind. When I first met him at the annual TR meeting he'd just restored a white 3A. Selling it for  £6,000. With hinsight, it was worth it.

I have been wanting to write. Any news? How is he faring?

• 1 month later...

Update on Ken's situation:

Ken is now in a care home and has settled in well.

I visited him before Christmas and although he cannot walk he has a limited degree of mobility ,has not lost his sense of humor and is very popular with the staff.

I will be seeing him as soon as the lockdown is over and in the meantime I have kept in touch by letter. Like TR's the old ways are the best.

I will post an update as soon as i hear anything

Tom.

15 minutes ago, Red 6 said:

Update on Ken's situation:

Ken is now in a care home and has settled in well.

I visited him before Christmas and although he cannot walk he has a limited degree of mobility ,has not lost his sense of humor and is very popular with the staff.

I will be seeing him as soon as the lockdown is over and in the meantime I have kept in touch by letter. Like TR's the old ways are the best.

I will post an update as soon as i hear anything

Tom.

Thanks, so much! Please send him my good wishes. He won't remember the Italian with the 2, but I remember him well. Very generous and kind man.

Thanks for letting us know how he is doing, he`s always been a great character in the TR World.

Stuart.

• 2 months later...

I have only just read this thread about Ken Mumford but pleased to hear that he is now in a care home and in good spirits!

When you go to see him next Tom, please remember me to him and give him my best wishes.

Garry Shortt - Classic Chrome Ltd - Mortlake, London SW14 8LN

Many thanks