Tr7 wabasto sunroof

Hi all, following a visit to the NEC resto show on Friday and seeing a TR7 with a wabasto sunroof near the register Stand I now have an urge to fit one to my 78 tr7 coupe. However I don’t think I realized how hard they are to find. If anyone knows if there is one available new or to restore condition not important could you contact me please. The car is currently off the road having suffered a visit to a deep ditch here in France so I think it’s the ideal time to do all of the work at the same time. Hopefully someone out there can help cheers Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not ignore that there were two makes of fabric sun roof specified for TR7, so buy/take everything from the donor car.    All the fittings look different in the parts listing.  Factory fit may well have  been Webasto but I do not know.  There was a complete kit available in the parts list and I do recall selling one in the 1980's

The Webasto unit is essentially an adaptable kit, so perhaps you could get one from a Triumph 2000 or Rover or classic Mini of the same 1970's period.  Re-covering is a simple trimmers task using topping, the devil maybe getting headlining to match the inside of your car.

Here is a big wallet option

https://www.thetrimmingcentre.co.uk/tudor-webasto

Peter W

PS Just remembered WeatherShield as the other sun roof maker

http://www.slidingragtops.com/Britax-Sunway-and-Weathershield.html

Hollandia 400 from Weathershield  https://www.motormods.co.uk/webasto_brochure.pdf

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Cheers peter I will look at all options. Andy

• 1 month later...

Hi all I have now found a wabasto for my 7, however as I am a newby to wabastos and if anyone has one fitted to their 7 would it be possible to measure the size of it please.  I am unsure if they are a standard size or all are different dimensions fitted to other models of cars.  I also would appreciate any info that anyone can give as to the parts that should come with it. Many thanks in advance, here’s hoping. Cheers Clem

On 1/19/2020 at 8:28 PM, elclem1 said:

Hi all I have now found a wabasto for my 7, however as I am a newby to wabastos and if anyone has one fitted to their 7 would it be possible to measure the size of it please.  I am unsure if they are a standard size or all are different dimensions fitted to other models of cars.  I also would appreciate any info that anyone can give as to the parts that should come with it. Many thanks in advance, here’s hoping. Cheers Clem

They were available in all sorts of lengths and widths to suit individual models of cars

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart,  I guess I will get the disc cutter out then.