2 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

Lots of interest and I bet it goes as Gary (TRGB) tends to always get sales at the show. Lovely lovely car.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

I heard that there were a couple of other TR5's also for sale at the Show? -  is that true?

Edited by mehere
33 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

Yes on TR Enterprise Stand. One Green and the other white. Both have surrey tops. TRGB has a signal Red one at £3995.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

I'll have the Signal Red one at £3995 please.................. ;)

Cheers, Andrew

1 hour ago, mehere said:

Did you have a chance to study them?. What were they like?

This is the green one at TR Enterprise (Classicwise Collection): https://www.classicwise.co.uk/cars/1968-g-triumph-tr6-pi-manual-o-d-green/ and here's the red TRBG offering: https://www.trgb.co.uk/cars-for-sale

Cheers, Andrew

I saw all the 5's on the Friday, of course Harry Eatons Car did look Fabulous, they are very good at what they do, and I agree with Harry .

The Classicwise cars both were good honest cars in their own way, and were priced accordingly,  as was the the other 5 at the TRGB Stand.

Classicwise have Certainly hit the Classic Car World running with a good  looking stand and the the cars well detailed , and not just TRs either, I believe the Porshe sold on the first day !

Trgb also had other Marques on show this year, and usually sell most by the end of the Show.

Keep up the good work Lads.

Conrad.

Well my opinion for what it is worth when the treasure hunters have made the cost of the cars way over the top there will not be many true Tr fans that can afford them and when the market goes pop fingers will get burned and club membership will carry on going down.The young ones have no chance in buying one,sad times alas.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, ntc said:

Well my opinion for what it is worth when the treasure hunters have made the cost of the cars way over the top there will not be many true Tr fans that can afford them and when the market goes pop fingers will get burned and club membership will carry on going down.The young ones have no chance in buying one,sad times alas.

Well Neil, it would be fair to say that few of your sometimes brief, robust statements in the past have aligned with my own views, but I have to say that on this occasion I am entirely in agreement with you.

Dave McD

Alternative investments such as classic cars will attract investors whilst interest rates are low and there is an element of risk with stocks and shares in times like these with the uncertainty of Brexit and the like.

When interest rates climb and bills for repairs roll in the gloss may wear off.  TRs still have good spares availability and the 5s have rarity values which makes them more likely to be more expensive than 4As and 6s of which they are a hybrid.

Prices shot up in the late 80s only to fall back and a correction will follow at some point.

The demise of fossil fuels may well kill prices in a while.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:46 AM, ntc said:

I daresay no one, anywhere is making " treasure " on TRs. 

TR6s are cheap in the U.S., thanks to their emissions controlled specification which has them accelerating like the Goodyear Blimp, and the sheer number of them. Ebay has ~ 35 for sale at any given time and IMO they're the best bargain out there - but that's because I know they can be easily and reliably brought to CP performance for a relative song using Webers and otherwise stock CP parts.  Young ones can buy these ( if you can pry them away from their smartphones and social media ).

The Michelotti cars are another story, as far fewer have survived and the 6-pots were always rare. The hardtops for these, with their typical dreadful condition and complexity command lots more money. I'm betting these will carry the day for highest valuations due to their lovely Italian looks combined with robust English iron - a world beating combination. 

Here's an impressive ask in the U.S. sans Surrey top:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163859779228

Tom

I thought this was a great car until I saw the rust on the chassis and on the underfloor panels from the footwells backwards. Very strange the front underfloor and chassis to just behind the front wheels is well presented (although I wouldn't bet it's just been sprayed on over rust), I just can't work out who would do that or take pictures of it and put it for sale !

Mick Richards