Early Tr Radio Speaker ??

I wondered if anyone Recognises the Speaker, I was informed that it was under the Dash in  Early Cars  !!

Look forward to hearing about it.

Conrad.

20191008_145606.jpg

20191008_145620.jpg

Hi Conrad

I recall Dave Gleed selling a speaker for a side screen car, it was round in shape and fitted in the large hole in the o/s scuttle panel.

Not sure this is the reply you wanted.

kind regards

Andrew

Thankyou for your Replies Chaps....Every day is a School Day !  Best days of your Life, so we are told  !

Cheers Conrad. 

14 hours ago, dingle said:

My first TR3A, a 1960 purchased in 1962 had a radio/speaker like the one pictured. I don't know if it was a factory or dealer installed option.

Berry

Dealer fit would be the usual case.

Stuart.

• 3 months later...

I don't have an original TR-3A radio, but it is a Triumph radio  perhaps from a TR-4 (it says "Triumph" on the face plate), which I installed in a TR radio frame. Instead of the single original speaker I have three. One facing the driver in its original location, one facing the driver footwell and one facing the passenger footwell. All three speakers are mounted in the radio frame and NOT mounted in the door panels, or in the rear seats or anything like that. The radio was $100 from E-Bay; the Radio Chassis was an aftermarket item for about $100 from the UK and is a reproduction of the original comprised of three steel panels that hold the radio and single speaker. As noted, had it modified to fit three speakers; speakers were $20 each. The radio is powered but does not power the speakers - in other words, when I turn the radio on, it lights up. However, all of the speakers are connected to a wireless Bluetooth 200W stereo amplifier (The Nobsound NS-20G 200W Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Power Amplifier - $55). This is hidden in my glove-box, however it's small and discreet so you can mount it anywhere. I Bluetooth my smart phone into the device and it delivers the amplified signal to all three speakers; it sounds great even at speed. If anyone is interested I have a classic UK Grundig AM/FM radio that would also be great as well and I believe was one of the radio options in the 60's $200 if you're interested - pm me at ljstack@gmail.com. The install was done by Custom Care Auto Upholstery in Myrtle Beach. They can also rebuild TR-3 side curtains. See the photos in the PowerPoint slide Presentation1.pptx

Edited by ljstack
  • 3 weeks later...