TR2 basket case/barn find auction

Hello Colin, and congratulations on your purchase, you have started on a journey, and hopefully thanks to our forum you

will have many with you.

Colin I have hidden your post from yesterday, because it lists all the identifying information for your car.

Colin, on the WWW, thats not a good idea, far better to quote, at best partial numbers, or specific full details via a Personal Message (PM)

I will 'Unhide' your post if you wish, but my advice would be to repost  without the full i.d.

John.

30 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Hello Colin, and congratulations on your purchase, you have started on a journey, and hopefully thanks to our forum you

will have many with you.

Colin I have hidden your post from yesterday, because it lists all the identifying information for your car.

Colin, on the WWW, thats not a good idea, far better to quote, at best partial numbers, or specific full details via a Personal Message (PM)

I will 'Unhide' your post if you wish, but my advice would be to repost  without the full i.d.

John.

Bit pointless doing that John as its quoted on a previous reply on page 1 of this thread.

Stuart.

3 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Stuart, I think only the commission number,

but am only flagging up a potential problem, easily solved, if Colin wants me to 'Unhide' his post

then happy to do so.

John,

Nope full details,

Stuart.

Colin,

I think the general feeling here is that if you have still got a part, then get it professionally rebuilt by someone who knows how to do it (or do it yourself if you think you can.) Only buy new if you really have to. Even if a part is missing, it may well be better to source a second hand part and get that fixed.

I think generally there is not much faith in many of the new parts that have been made.

I think everyone will agree:

“DON’T THROW ANYTHING AWAY.”

Charlie

There are people who can overhaul your parts. Beware of some parts made in a foreign country far away. I heard that NGK plugs are made in a factory where the workers steal the boxes and have cheap inferior plugs made in a home factory, which is why some plugs work and some do not. 

The same country make my laptop which is even more critical than sparking plugs.  Take care with what you buy and keep all the parts that came with the car even if you think that you do not need them. I threw away my original front springs and it is still causing me some problems. New springs are complicated.

Good luck Richard and B.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:58 PM, Charlie D said:

If you missed out on this car then there is always another..

How about this for £2000.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Tr3-Parts-donor-Car/264540000309?hash=item3d97d01035%3Ag%3AAJYAAOSwZ~ld1abY&LH_ItemCondition=4

Charlie

Charlie,

I work on the basis that if the wing attachment points on the front inner wings

are still there and the original battery tray still exists, then this is very much  a

straight forward restoration.Even the floors are still there despite having been

cut in half! Post 60000 outer panel are not difficult to source.

If I was looking for one (I ain't) I'd be seriously considering this one, at least having

a look.

Cheers

Roger M-E

PS 3 hours to go, no bids!

Charlie,

That's an interesting question. I suppose one would start with

picking the brains of our registrar about what options are available,

but it has to be possible, given that lots of people 'create' vehicles or

have to start again with an old car that's been stored for donkeys years

with no ID.

Don't forget that this car is missing some major mechanical parts so,

whilst shopping for the missing parts, quite an inventory of receipts

should be built up, even if the end result is a Q plate, its still a TR you

could drive. 

Someone will be along,I'm sure, to tell the tale of how it's done, legally of course!

Cheers

Roger M-E