TR2 basket case/barn find auction

A TR2 (TS1857) has recently been pulled out of a barn after about forty years storage.  It is being auctioned on November 20th as part of a house clearance by Wotton Auction Rooms in Gloucester with no reserve.  When it appears on their website I will post a link but until then if anyone is interested I can supply photographs (too many to post here), just PM me your email address.

Be warned that although it seems to be fairly complete it is very bad and they cannot find any documentation.

Not for the faint hearted.

Mike

18 hours ago, mike ellis said:

A TR2 (TS1857) has recently been pulled out of a barn after about forty years storage.  It is being auctioned on November 20th as part of a house clearance by Wotton Auction Rooms in Gloucester with no reserve.  When it appears on their website I will post a link but until then if anyone is interested I can supply photographs (too many to post here), just PM me your email address.

Be warned that although it seems to be fairly complete it is very bad and they cannot find any documentation.

Not for the faint hearted.

Mike

There is one picture of it up on their site at the moment, its red with steel wheels and does have a hardtop but as stated its a bit rough.https://www.wottonauctionrooms.co.uk/

Stuart.

14 minutes ago, YOW500 said:

It is there. Click on the left right arrows as the lots go through, it will come up for a short time, and then it moves on to the next item. Looks VERY rough. Russell

Blimey there was me using the right arrow only! :D You are referring to the banner pictures on the link Stuart posted? If so, nope I don't see that. 

Cheers

Iain

Edited by iain

TR pic.jpgPicture from Wotton Aution Room site

Edited by Graham

It’s got the Triumph World badge wheel centres. I know some people find them highly desirable. :0)

Ahh, that will be the 'low drag' high speed model then!   A  bit of T cut and a visit from autoglass to fix the screen should sort it. That and several thousand ££££s! 

hoges. 

Condition seems pretty typical "barn find" to me. I'd rather have an untouched rusty example that one that had been patched and bondoed several times over the last 50 +years. It would be nice of course to find the chassis in repairable condition as well as the inner wings, firewall and rear apron. If it were on this side of the pond and I didn't have too many cars already, I'd at least have a look. It is after all, a long door.

Tom

One day it will look like this.

Jul 19 right side.JPG

15 hours ago, barkerwilliams said:

John,

I did not think tidy and clean garages existed, it's obviously a very rare beast.

Alan

I have to fit 3 TRs in it plus the family car when room is available. We bought the house 3 years ago, me because of the 8m X 7.7m garage.

My wife and I painted the floor in an epoxy which has proved pretty resilient and does really help. Oil etc wipes off and I just sweep it occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Colin, - your wife sounds lovely!

You’ll be amazed and impressed with the power and performance of a side screen TR compared to any of the pre-war cars - we can keep up with most moderns within ‘legal’ limits.

As per my Nov 7 post, that was my first and positive observation.. much better and rare you can find a car that has not been molested and bodged over the years of changing ownership

good luck and enjoy... keep us posted

tony