3 hours ago, StevesTR4A1 said:

I’m looking at either buying outright, or having my own carbs refurbed

before I do much research are there any out there for sale please?

Steve?

I might be able to help - how do these look? Fully rebuilt on a 4A manifold complete with all linkages etc, ready to bolt on and go!

Have sent you a PM so you can contact me if of interest ( a PM is a personal message which has been sent to your forum message box which you will find in the top right hand corner of the page, indicated by an envelope icon - click on it and it will open up your message box - if you have an unread message, there will be a red flag attached to the icon)

Cheers Rich

IMG_0071 Resized.JPG

IMG_0072 Resized.JPG

IMG_0073 Resized.JPG

16 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Apair on ebay now

item number:184015615669

Phil - yes, correct, but they are later carbs with the dumpy dashpots and probably with the 3 hole triangular front fitting for the air cleaners - I think these might be the ones sold by Cox and Buckles years ago for very little money which might have been originally produced for a Maxi- they might also have been for Dolly Sprints.

They are not for the purists but as far as I am aware , are fine for TR's if appropriately jetted and needled

Cheers Rich

No, the ones sold by C & B in the 70's were from the "Allegro Sport"  & were correct (after re-needleing  -   is that a word ?)

I know, I bought some, & am still using them.

20170713_172501.thumb.jpg.b9ee3abe38472367cf020f64e9f447e3.jpg

Bob.

40 minutes ago, Lebro said:

No, the ones sold by C & B in the 70's were from the "Allegro Sport"  & were correct (after re-needleing  -   is that a word ?)

Bob.

+1

Good deal at £12.50 the pair

48 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Bob.

Well I was nearly right! Whats a Maxi or Allegro Sport between friends!!!

The £12.50 price tag was also some distant info floating around in the vacuum of my brain.

On a serious note then, to avoid posting misinformation, can anyone confirm what the carbs are off in the ebay advert mentioned above?

Cheers   Rich

I thought I had paid Pete Cox £25 for a pair of HS6s at one of our meetings at Tetsworth, but it was along time ago and memories fade!  The carbs were fitted to 4VC in the re-build in 1990/1993 as the original H6s were knackered.

Curiosity got the better of me!  Thought I would see whether I had a record.  Found this on 5th December 1971: Pair HS6 carbs  £10-0-0 (old money - that's £10.00).  Also, on the same date, set of disc pads for £2-3-0, two oil filters for 8 shillings (total) and an SP Sport 165x15 for £7-4-0.  Pete's offerings were real bargains!

Also noted that I had bought a dynamo for £2-0-0 from Bob LeBrocq (Lebro - see above) on 15th October 1971.

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc
Additional info.

This offers are still around:

I currently bought a pair of HS6 for 100 Euro,

and with them I got a inlet manifold, a pair of Strombergs, a worn diff (to practice/play with) and a TR6 starter for present!

Ciao, Marco

On 7 November 2019 at 6:07 PM, rcreweread said:

Well I was nearly right! Whats a Maxi or Allegro Sport between friends!!!

The £12.50 price tag was also some distant info floating around in the vacuum of my brain.

On a serious note then, to avoid posting misinformation, can anyone confirm what the carbs are off in the ebay advert mentioned above?

Cheers   Rich

Both cars were the products of a disintegrating or disintegrated British motor industry & both as awful as each other in my opinion, so it matters not!

Since the manifold is a TR4A one I presume that it what they were last used on.

To identify the original application you would need the AU number stamped on a triangular aluminium plate usually secured under one of the float chamber lid screws.

Bob.