Car cover

Blimey Mick...…..I didn't know we had a self appointed forum polizi!!

I was being polite to Roger given that he is always so very helpful to members - but I am still considering the Dancover,  and this due this partly due to two valuable members

of the forum making the suggestion.

Ernest

1 hour ago, Ernest said:

Blimey Mick...…..I didn't know we had a self appointed forum polizi!!

I was being polite to Roger given that he is always so very helpful to members - but I am still considering the Dancover,  and this due this partly due to two valuable members

of the forum making the suggestion.

Ernest

Polizi... :lol:...:lol:...:lol:  well know you know lol.

Mick Richards

Mickey,

Cool it, please!    I took no offence, none at all, at Roger's post.   

If you want to point out that someone has not noticed your posts, that's your affair, but I don't need anyone riding shotgun on mine.and I don't think the board benefits, either.

John

18 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Try reading the reviews for an insight on how they perform, lots of complaints on a variety of other outside "canvas" garages of heavy condensation, just what most people are trying to avoid.

Here's one 

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst105504_Machine-Mart-Clarke-Garage-problem.aspx

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

There are also many reviews that are positive. I have a TR6 outside under a cover and it suffers from the same problem as the one that started this thread, damp under the cover. If a car has been painted properly it should not microbubble. This is usually caused by moisture in the paint when painted and over a period of time it causes very small bubbles. I have never garaged a vehicle and I presently have 5 Land Rovers all from the 1950s, a 2002 Rover 75 and a newer 2011 car. None have problems with the paint or rot All of the Land Rovers have been re painted at some time. I cannot remember any of my past cars suffering from microbubling. The only issue with leaving out all year is the paint dulling if not polished regularly. The main reason I cover the TR6 is to protect the new Mohair top and stop water ingression, not to protect the paint or body.

Hi Phil

Thanks for the heads-up re the 'tent-garage' - It looks good but I think it would just about completely cover my front garden!.

Your comments on your own experience are reassuring - my 6 was resprayed by Rees Bros. of Aldershot and it looks to be one of very good quality.

Best Wishes

Ernest

MG Mowners Club  do a cockpit storm cover.   I have one and it certainly keeps the rain out when the car is parked hood up in the p ing rain

https://www.mgocspares.co.uk/acatalog/MGOC_SPARES_HARDTOPS___COVERS__MGB__110.html

item T602

Peter W

• 2 weeks later...

Having read the thread about covers and Carcoons. I thought there might be interest in my solution.

I think the Carcoons are very effective but as Andrew said a pain to access not only when you are using the car but when you have an hour to do some tinkering.

I used some heavy duty clear PVC tarpaulin and some 4" x 2" and 2" x 1" and a regulated dehumidifier to make my own Carcoon within the garage which enables me to work on the car within the environment, access through an internal door flap. Keeps my pride and joy away from the wife's wet 4 x 4 and the tumble dryer !

Cost around 200 quid and the dehum which i had.

Phil.

IMG_3338.jpg

Edited by Phil H 4
spelling