Archives - Standard Triumph Motor Co 4 cyl TR engine build film

When we were young there was a film sometimes shown at the AGM, along with the TR rally films, about how to build your 4 cyl TR engine.  

The film was produced by Standard Triumph Technical dept and featured a chap in a brown coat doing the task, with all the required hints and tips as he fitted a non scrolled crank(!).  I used it once to give an engine rebuild seminar for the register at St Neots but never kept a copy.  As far as I recall the video cassette went back to the register archives.  Is it still there, does any one remember it or have a copy?

Thanks

Peter W

PS Reason for asking is that we who have done the task are getting older and those coming after us need this knowledge & do not need to reinvent the wheel.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Peter - Sadly the archives appear to have been left unattended for many years and don't seem to appear on the current radar of things for the MT to address, but I hope I am wrong. Maybe Mick Forey will be along to update all of us?

After Bill P "retired" his archive services a team was established to record and digitise the contents. 

Sadly one of the team of archivists, John Saunders passed away, and the other two volunteer members were neither supported nor encouraged under a previous Technical Director, and they both gave up.

Hopefully this task has been resurrected by the current MT, although the archives are more that of the TR Register than that of Standard Triumph.

Somewhere in Didcot is a comprehensive list of the contents of the archive room so it may still be there....I compiled it and wrote a strategy for managing the contents of the archive room.
There were a whole variety of formats that information was stored in, including acetate film, VHS videos, old photographs.....
Ian