5 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Tks John, I had hoped it was  essential tremor but the expert diagnosis is idiopathic Parkinson's. My DIY cocktail seems to have reduced the tremor over the past couple of years, but progression is known ot be highly variable. Loss of fidelity - numbness - of right hand also a problem for working on the TR. But I keep adding agents to the cocktail, based upon the science. The TR will have to wait. Peter

My sympathy, Peter, Parkinsons has a large load of other problems, but Nil Carborundum!

See here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/your-magazine/managing-parkinsons-symptoms-motorbiking

Best wishes.

JOhn

Yes Peter, best wishes and sympathies from me also..... Don’t think any any of us went into TR custodianship knowing or expecting where it might ultimately lead....

We are all on the same path, just at different cycles, I’m hoping long term ownership can only help make us more resilient in whatever small way, you can say if that is all total bol###s   

Dave, I also had a twin Busch two poster fitted into my garage and wish I had done it years ago, mind you they have just re-tooled a smaller one for home garages which siuts me fine and just goes in.I cut a slot in the ceiling to raise my surrey topped car up into it. Well worth the money. I had to have equal arms as the short ones were just too short. Cost me though but hey ho. With an adjustable up and down stool on wheels (Halfords) I can whiz around underneath to my hearts content.

Well worth it.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

Tks John and Tony,  PD is often slow to worsen  and I get a belting placebo effect form devising my own treatment regime,( And from realisng the standard drugs used worlwide to suppress symptoms probably worsen the neurodegeneration ). And I enjoy delving into the cell.molec biology. There is a plus side to it, for me.

Idiopathic Parkinsons is quite common in the elderly, around 2% of man over 70 get it. " Idiopathic" means its cause is uncertain, The mainstay of my cocktail is Vitamin D3 supplement as it controls around 10% of our genes and has a broad defensive role. Probably the most useful observation I could post on here is the benefits of servicing ourselves with D3 pills, as almost all of us are deficient by scientifc criteria. Most of my family take 2000 or 4000 IU per day. Ive posted my U3A talk before but newcomers might find it interesting: https://u3asites.org.uk/files/b/berwyn/docs/vitamind3deficiency.pdf

And you;ve guessed, yes I rackon a lifelong D3 deficiency and a chronci untreated auto-inflammatory condition conspired to damage the brain.

Peter

I too have a lift, a 4 post, Strongman tools,  Glenfinnan.

Actually ordered at the 2009, IWE!

If I wind both windows down, and leave the surrey top in teh boot, I can park my car either side of the garage main crossbeam, and walk completely upright underneath,

lets me put the TR 'To Bed' and have a decent workshop for stuff through the winter.

I've lost count of the other Tr's I've had on the lift.

.2075842327_TrinBed.jpg.f06a396dd9834742cf6fc1c0db832c4d.jpg

John.

Hi All

Heading towards 67 (s--t am I really) I have started to notice that everything to do with movement and awkward positions is getting slower, I do however have a mechanic brother who is 6yrs older so at least we can help each other up,  luckily we are still good friends with a local garage where he used to work so after its mot he leaves us to use the ramp etc to work on the 4,  very useful   

Phil..

A garage in Stranraer has gone bust.      ENORMOUS quantities of spares for moderns, all sorts, consumables, oils, polishing kits, goodness knows what, the auction list is 14 pages long.   I wonder if a poorly focussed purchasing policvy contributed to the firm's downfall.      Also includes several 4 and 2 post lifts, starting bid £100

See: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/sanderson-weatherall/catalogue-id-san10307

John

23 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

A garage in Stranraer has gone bust.      ENORMOUS quantities of spares for moderns, all sorts, consumables, oils, polishing kits, goodness knows what, the auction list is 14 pages long.   I wonder if a poorly focussed purchasing policvy contributed to the firm's downfall.      Also includes several 4 and 2 post lifts, starting bid £100

See: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/sanderson-weatherall/catalogue-id-san10307

John

Gosh, if I lived closer I would have a go at a few basic garage items.

Miles

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, ianc said:

I'm certain that the wheels, with 195 tyres, get heavier every year, but by choosing a suitable piece of timber (plenty to hand here!) on which to stand the wheel, I can align the wheel with the studs without much difficulty.

Ian you are quite right - the wheels do get heavier each year. I have just had the wheels off my TR4A in preparation for its MOT this morning (it passed) but my arms now feel like I have been a few rounds in the ring. I reckon the extra weight is all to do with the weight of the air we pump into the tyres. After all they constantly need pumping up over the years..............??? :D

I have had to invest in long spanners and long socket wrenches with more leverage so I can get the various nuts off the car. They seem to get tighter each year as well.

Keith

Is it just my imagination or is the floor in my garage getting lower?download.jpeg.c55c453a8ee2bb8f84da97b73ba8c54d.jpeg

50 minutes ago, ChrisR-4A said:

Is it just my imagination or is the floor in my garage getting lower?download.jpeg.c55c453a8ee2bb8f84da97b73ba8c54d.jpeg

Yup 

its a long way up from down there.