It lives - EFI progress

After what feels like years but is really 5-6 months my car finally started again today. It starts very easily but I'm struggling to get the idle to rise above 800 RPM, the TPS calibration refuses to work which might not be helping. At least it feels like I'm making progress, a lot of tidying up to do now with the wiring etc, I also have to remove the gearbox cover so I can get the top 3 bell housing nuts fitted, no clearance to do it from engine side. Hopefully Emerald are going to remote in tomorrow and sort out my remaining issues, then I can crack on with securing the fuel lines, replacing the last brake lines and rebuilding the O/S/F suspension, then off to rolling road once I've put some miles on it.

Ian

14 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Can you not remove the engine mounts and drop the nose of the engine to get to the 3 nuts/studs?

Peter W

That's a possibility, will give it a go, thanks.

11 hours ago, iani said:

I also have to remove the gearbox cover so I can get the top 3 bell housing nuts fitted, no clearance to do it from engine side.

this has nothing to do with your Emerald EFI correct?

11 hours ago, iani said:

then I can crack on with securing the fuel lines, replacing the last brake lines and rebuilding the O/S/F suspension, then off to rolling road once I've put some miles on it.

Almost there! Good luck !! Show us your rolling road graph as soon as you have it.

3 hours ago, JochemsTR said:

this has nothing to do with your Emerald EFI correct?

Almost there! Good luck !! Show us your rolling road graph as soon as you have it.

No, I ended up removing the engine, it has been fully rebuilt, it’s obviously sitting higher than previously.

I’ll post the graph when I can, quite a bit of work to do before the car is drivable.

59 minutes ago, marki said:

Hi Ian.

Do you have the correct TPS as they are handed for fitting on the other end of the throttle bodies.

dont askme how I know.

Good luck, you won't regret it. mark.

TPS is sorted Mark, I hadn't pushed the connectors in far enough. I'm now having trouble synchronising the TB's, hopefully I have someone coming to help tomorrow.

If EFI is on alpha/n proper TPS and TPS setting is essential.

If you are on speed density the TPS also is needed but not that much.

As you now can go pretty close to lean mixture limit the TBs must feed alls cylinders equal and injectors must spray same amount.

The connection (or two connections at CR) between the inlet runners help but in some throttle positions proper sync is needed.

I had some assistance this morning and we've made progress, the car now idles quite well:

However, there was a slight misfire and, on slackening off the TB's, I discovered that one of the O rings between the TB's and the manifold was deformed, I wasn't careful enough when fitting them obviously. Replacement O rings have now been ordered and I will refit them with assistance this week. 

8 minutes ago, JochemsTR said:

Ian,

nice. But AFR 11 still little off. 
What cam do you have installed?

Jochem

Newman PH2 Jochem