Rear Deck Strengthener

Hi

I've just started a restoration of a 1963 TR4. My first job is to get the floors and sills replaced, as there is not a lot left of whats in there.

However I also have a problem that is bothering me, in that the rear deck on this car is fiberglass, so I would like to place it with steel. 

Looking at the new deck panels, they don't come with the strengthener, and I'm pretty sure I don't have one, as the vertical supports do not connect to the deck.

Does anybody have a pics of what the strengthener looks like?

Thanks

Paul

IMG_0467.JPG

Paul, not 100% sure which part you mean but if it's the struts that sit under the rear deck on either side - they look like this - & I've got some spare if you need them...

This the underside of a rear deck for a TR4:

Rear deck strengthener.jpg

Thanks John

It looks like I do have these "petrol tank mount" struts, but maybe not the piece that goes side to side (the bit with the wiring loom tags on it, in your picture)

Do you know if this piece comes as part of the replacement deck panel?

Thanks

Paul

The strengthener section was always listed originally as separate parts. FWIW this is what your missing.

Stuart.

Marks TR5 348.jpg

Though , in the early 70's the whole panel (one part No.) with the forward, rearward and the strengthener sections was available over the counter from Triumph main agent Stanmoor Motors in Middlesex.

I still have that panel, was one of the few outer panels that survived my visit to the ditch!!

Cheers Rob  

14 hours ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Though , in the early 70's the whole panel (one part No.) with the forward, rearward and the strengthener sections was available over the counter from Triumph main agent Stanmoor Motors in Middlesex.

I still have that panel, was one of the few outer panels that survived my visit to the ditch!!

Cheers Rob  

There was one appeared on the French auction site Boncoin a while ago unfortunately it was snapped up really quick as it was only about 100e

Stuart.

8 minutes ago, RogerH said:

I see that the rear deck is still available.

Is it any good?

Roger

Err in a word no! The 6 deck is OK but the 4/5 one is very poorly pressed now, lacking any definition where the depressions for the hood frame straps go, the plinths for the hinges are hardly there and also the fold into the boot lid shut isnt very sharp either.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart