maybe it is the inertia switch...

I had cutting out symptoms on another classic, same thing a fuel blockage due to debris in the tank, there seemed no rhyme or reason to when or where it would happen, and if I left it a few moments it would start again normally and continue on just fine, obviously it floated away after the full pump was turned off. 

Good news you found it, seems a strange thing for anyone else to drop in so hopefully it was when you put your lead additive in. 

Gareth

That's my problem. I know, that it was not me who put it in. 

The only other possibility, apart from the strange unknown man, is, that 10 years ago that  there were more than one seal already in the tank and we detected and removed only one.

But, how realistic is that? And how realistic is that the second seal took more than 9 years to bring the fuel supply to stop for the first time?

Well if it happens again you'll know what you are looking for!

Seems an odd one, could there have been two of those bottle seals on one bottle and one went in and the other was still in the lid? 

Maybe rig up something on the fuel cap to see if it's being tampered with? 

Gareth