• 2 weeks later...

Since I don't see any introduction sub forum here, I will use this thread to introduce my TR2.

It is a late one (TS8431-O), produced on Sept 27, 1955. However, it took almost a year till the TR hit the road. It was first registered in London, on June 15, 1956.

I bought this beautiful car half a year ago. The previous owner restored it by himself, which took about 3 years (1997-2000). He especially took care of originality.

In the time I own the car, I added some rally equipment, the beautiful Marchall 662/672 spot lights (NOS!), brooklands with the special holders to use the existing mounting holes, a fire extinguisher, new tires, replayced the second rear silencer against the original straight (stainless steel) pipe (without silencer), ajusted the fit of the front bumper, and many other minor cosmetics.

I myself am end-30, living in Germany, and previously owned a Spitfire Mk3.

Now I am asking for your help. How can I find out more about the history of the car?

According to the heritage certificate, it has originally been red, with grey trim and black hood.

@Rupert Bayer has actually bought the car in July 1967 in the Norfolk Broads in bad condition (see:

) however it was gone before he had the chance to picked it up.

I know, that it was again registered on September 26, 1968 in Bradwell Yammouth. (I have a logbook, starting at that date).

Who was the previous owner(s)? What's the history of the car?

Is there any chance to receive a copy of the original logbook or information from the DVLA?

The trace of the car is lost in 1971, this is the last entry in the logbook I own.

I then have a purchase contract of 1986, where a TR dealer in South Woodford, London sold it to a private person in Germany for £100. How and when did the TR dealer got the car?

And I have another purchase contract beween a different private person, selling the car in 1996 to the previous owner, who restored it. What has happened in between?

How can I find information to close the gaps between 1956-1968, 1971-1986 and 1986-1997?

Edited by tr2_applegreen

Hi

I can't help you with the history of your car - sorry. I did try to find the same thing out about my TR2, but the DVLA have stopped issuing this information now which is a real shame. I managed to get the details of all previous owners of my TR6.

Someone on here may be able to help.

Mike Ellis the TR2 registrar may have some info if you contact him - details will be on the main website.

Those are some fantastic photos - love 'em!

Roger

14 minutes ago, Pogo said:

Mike Ellis the TR2 registrar may have some info if you contact him - details will be on the main website.

Hi Roger, thank you for your help. I tried to send him a message, however it says that he cannot receive messages.

@mike ellis, please allow me to attract your attention to my inquiry by linking you in this post. ;)

Hi Fantastic photos. Mile Ellis sorted out a copy of the factory records for my early 2 (TS349) earlier this year but unfortunately records for the early cars is vary basic but understand more information was kept for the later TR2’s as the production line became more established. 

Good luck and hope you manage to find out some more information on what is a great looking car 

• 3 months later...

Thanks to @Rupert Bayer I now know the following:

From 4th to 11th July 1967, the car was parked at a parking space of the pub The Ferry Inn in Stokesby, Great Yarmouth

It had its original RED paint, and was in a bad condition.

The owner (of whom I don't know his name), was living in Stokesby and about 30 years old.

I already contacted the pub via facebook message(s), however it reacted quite reluctant and just answered "I sorry but I can’t help you".

The next 4 years the car was owned by one person, changed his address several times:

• Beccles Road,  Bradwell Yammouth
  • Avon Street, Leicester
  • Severn Street, Leicester
  • The Drive, Barnet

The next trace is a purchase contract between "TR Improvements" (19 Carnarvan Road, South Woodford, London) (seller) to Wolfgang "Renaldo" Oberländer (buyer) over £100, dated 4th April 1986.

Who could help with any additional information about my car?

191215_0001.jpg

191215_0002.jpg

191229_0003.jpg

191229_0004.jpg

Edited by tr2_applegreen
  • 1 year later...