Odd rev-related 'ticking' from choke knob

As topic title really. Since I've fitted a new choke cable (PI twin cable) I've had a quite loud, rather annoying, rev-related 'ticking' coming from the dash. I initially thought "rev related? has to be the rev counter..." so disconnected that. Ticking still there. Maybe the rev counter drive? Disconnected at dizzy – ticking still there. Eventually – by poking and prodding – identified the source as the choke knob. Weird. Maybe the securing nut or something behind the plinth is loose? So I've investigated behind (tricky but possible, just) and it's all fastened up tightly. Nothing rattling there. 

Whilst typing this it's occurred to be that the 'ticking' might be being referred up the cable from the metering unit – but if anyone else has experienced this or has a solution I'm all ears!

Weird.  I've got exactly the same thing.  Changed throttle controls from CR type to underslung so got a new choke cable.  Now rev-responsive ticking and doesn't seem to be the tacho...

Is the choke cable touching any of the injector pipes? It may only happen with the bonnet down......

I had a fiddle around last night (actually while investigating a misfire that developed on the way home:rolleyes: ). I imagined it might be the overfuel lever rattling or something like but all good there. But I think Ben's injection pipe suggestion might be on the right lines – gripping the (overfuel) choke cable felt not unlike the pulses in an injector pipe, and the choke cable does snake up through them. Will take a look tomorrow.

All my chole-cables make that noise, just a matter of time. So I changed them every few years. especially whith soft top the noise is really annoying. If I put a little pressure on the knob (eg. with the thumb) it´s gone.

I guess it the poor quality of the aftermarket-parts. 

Removed because of mistaken posting.

Mick Richards 

Edited by Motorsport Mickey
Total bollocks...brain fade.
4 minutes ago, Casar66 said:

? I am afraid I do not unserstand.

Sorry mistaken posting, I've removed my original.

Mick Richards

On 11/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, StuartG said:

I had to fit a new choke cable a couple of years ago and had an annoying buzzing coming from the choke knob. Filling the hollow back of the knob with blutac cured it.

I presume that simply damped the vibration. I'll try that and if it works out, put something a bit heavier and more permanent in there (like Milliput).

Today I wanted to try that blutack stuff because the noise getting louder.

As i pulled the choke I had the knob with the metall pipe in my hand. But no cables. Means I need a new one. Maybe the noise ist an indicator for the choke's lifespan? 

1 hour ago, Casar66 said:

Maybe the noise ist an indicator for the choke's lifespan?

Nope.  Original cable: No ticking, "new" choke cable after changing throttles to underslung: Tick-tick-tick